Functional Title: Cashier
Classification: Hourly position - nonexempt
Division: Financial Affairs
Department: Business Office
Reports To: Director of Student Accounts
Primary Function: Provides courteous customer service and assistance to customers who walk-in, call-in, or email the student account area of the Business Office.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Minimum Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Multi-tasking –must readily respond to requests for assistance to walk-ins and telephone inquiries and accurately handle cash and meet posting responsibilities
- Customer service –manages client/customer questions, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Communication –identifies questions and resolves issues through active listening, provides information effectively in person or by telephone.
- Adaptability –adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability –consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from high school or equivalent.