The family environment at LCU doesn’t end after graduation – LCU Alumni Connection works hard to ensure that the LCU community has ways to stay connected, from Homecoming to Forever Blue summer events.
“Sometimes alumni, former students, and their families come to campus for Homecoming and special events. Other times, we go to see them,” explained Sheila Dye, assistant vice president of alumni and community relations.
Dye estimates that, since October 2013, alumni relations has traveled around 36,000 miles to “see, celebrate, and connect alumni.” This year, they hosted tandem events with admissions in Arlington, Houston, Midland, and Albuquerque; family alumni events in Palo Duro Canyon and Roswell; and gathered alumni at existing events at Pepperdine and Red River Family Encampment.
Wednesday, May 4 - Pepperdine Bible Lectures Alumni luncheon in Malibu, Calif.The Forever Blue Summer Events in 2016 included:
- Saturday, May 21 - Midland Rock Hounds vs. Corpus Christi Hooks in Midland, Texas
- Saturday, June 11 - Forever Blue: Summer 2016 at Palo Duro Canyon
- Saturday, June 18 - Alumni Dinner before the Way, Way Off Broadway production of “Mary Poppins” in Roswell, N.M.
- Saturday, June 25 - Texas Rangers vs. Boston Red Sox in Arlington, Texas
- Monday, June 27 - Red River Family Encampment Alumni luncheon
- Saturday, July 9 - Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics in Houston, Texas
- Friday, July 29 - Albuquerque Isotopes vs. Salt Lake Bees in Albuquerque, N.M.
“Staying connected by phone, mail, and social media is the next best thing, but it can’t replace the joy of seeing family in person. It is the same way in the LCU alumni family,” Dye said. “It is always a joy and privilege to catch up, to meet baby Chaplings and future Chaps, and most of all, to celebrate the way LCU continues to work in the lives of alumni and students.”
To learn more about Alumni Connection at LCU, including events and publications, click here.