The first day of school was made an even more special occasion by the presence of KLBK news cameras documenting the start of LCU’s 60th year.
KLBK hosted one of their “On the Road” series on LCU campus as part of the university’s 60th anniversary. For the “On the Road” series, KLBK spends a full day at a regional community or town – their newscasts for the day are shot on-location, and stories of interest from that community are featured throughout the broadcast.
On August 22, KLBK spent the day featuring stories about LCU before shooting live from LCU campus for their early evening broadcasts.
Some of the stories KLBK featured about LCU included:
- Memories from the LCU football team (undefeated since ’82),
- The 16-17 Lady Chap basketball team and their upcoming season (including a scrimmage between the Lady Chaps and KLBK anchors, reporters and staff),
- The LCU School of Education,
- The histories behind the Field House and the Arnett House,
- Hannah Harbin and her trip with Dr. Jesse Long to Jordan,
- GO Orientation 2016,
- The Covenant School of Nursing (CSON) partnership,
- An update on Malori Maddox and Lady Chaps volleyball,
- Social clubs and Master Follies, and
- Freshmen Move-In (and the LCU community).
“A big thank you to KLBK for coming to campus to highlight LCU’s academic programs, campus life, and rich heritage – a great way to begin our 60th year by sharing what makes the university so very special, distinctive, and unique,” said Shannon Sudduth, media relations coordinator. “The year ahead will be full of exciting activities and reminders of our heritage as we celebrate LCU’s 60th Anniversary.”