Availability: Oct. 4, 2021 - Jan. 4, 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: Purpose: The Canadian Church of Christ Children!s Ministry exists to teach and introduce children to a God who loves them, who made them, and who is at work all around them. As young students grow, we work to nurture their faith so that they become followers of Jesus Christ for the sake of others.
The Children's Minister is responsible for helping build a children’s ministry culture that introduces children to God and encourages them to follow Jesus Christ.
Responsibilities of Children’s Ministry Role
1. Continue to build and develop ministry for our children and their parents ages newborn through 6th grade. This includes curriculum development, activities, special events, spiritual formation, and other duties as assigned.
2. Recruit, coordinate, and support teachers and volunteers for Sunday and Wednesday Children’s Bible Classes, Cradle Roll, Wee Worship, and Toddler Nursery.
3. Communicate with teachers and provide clear expectations and direction for teaching Bible classes and other processes.
4. Attend Staff Meetings.
5. Plan and implement an annual teacher training session as well as parent training on sharing Jesus with their children, provide Orange Training and Next Talk opportunities.
6. Coordinate teacher appreciation.
7. Work with office staff to maintain active communication with parents and the church family.
8. Ensure that parents of children feel welcomed, safe, and part of their child’s faith development.
9. Make use of CCB/Church App and the website to communicate events, vision, and involvement.
10.Plan and coordinate annual Trunk or Treat community outreach in October.
11.Plan and coordinate annual Summer Sports Camp in June.
12.Invite, recruit, and attend annual summer camp for kids - Ponderosa, NM.
13.Attend shepherd’s meetings on Sunday afternoons.
14.Organize and implement security plans and measures for children's classes and events.
15.Christmas Outreach... stockings for LoneStar Angel tree kids. 16.Plan yearly children’s ministry budget.
17.Perform all other duties as assigned.
Organization: Canadian Chruch of Christ
Organization Location: Canadian, Texas
Name: Darcey Whitson
Address: 1013 S 4th
Canadian, TX 79014