Availability: Nov. 17, 2021 - Feb. 17, 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: We are currently searching for a full-time Children’s Minister to join the GC staff. This person will be an integral part of the staff serving with the Youth/Involvement Minister and Preaching/Teaching Minister. This person will serve with seven shepherds, numerous ministry leaders, supportive parents, and a Child & Youth Protection Team. The church values children and the development of homes which honor Christ.
Job Requirements: The Children’s Minister is encouraged to share these responsibilities with others. Please feel free to contact us for additional information.
• Oversee all children’s Bible classes (nursery through fifth grade). This includes curriculum, recruiting and developing teachers, and providing updates for children, families, and volunteers for church database (Breeze).
• Oversee Children’s Worship (Sundays, 8:30 & 10:30) and Wednesday Children’s Opening (7:00-7:10). Assist in planning, recruiting, leading, and the development of volunteers
• Child & Youth Protection Team member. The CYPT consists of five members. Two members are the Youth Minister and the Children’s Minister. The Children’s Minister coordinates the background checks for all volunteers working with children and youth. The CYPT coordinates annual training for all volunteers.
• Assist in planning, organizing, and coordinating with others to provide regular activities for children and families in the church and community. These include VBS, Fall Fest, Valentine’s Family Date Night, field trips, Christmas Program, Blessing of the Children Sunday, Baby Dedication Sunday, special presentations by children during worship, etc.
• Maintain open communication between families, volunteers, and church leaders. Currently this is promoted through the use of social media (FB, webpage, Instagram, etc.), announcements in the church online bulletin, images for church announcements and online, texts, emails, etc.
• Integral part of the church leadership team. The Children’s Minister is a part of staff and shepherds’ meetings and is a vital advocate for children, families, volunteers, and all members of the Grand Central Church.
• Coordinate use of church facilities for children’s ministry and maintain ministry resources.
Organization: Grand Central Church of Christ
About the Organization: The Grand Central Church of Christ is a community of faith where all are ministers and each seeks to help people find Jesus and help believers become disciples. Close to 500 people participate in the life of this church which, like others at present, is seeking to adapt to a changing world even as we hold onto an incomparable Savior.
Organization Location: Those who are a part of the Grand Central (GC) Church meet in Vienna, West Virginia but live and work throughout the area known as the Mid-Ohio Valley.
Name: Joe Spivy
Address: 5805 Grand Central Ave
Vienna, WV 26105