Availability: Nov. 17, 2021 - Feb. 17, 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: The Children’s Minister must have a passion to see children and families grow in their relationship with Jesus and one another. He or she must equip parents to disciple their children and be the primary spiritual leaders for their children. The Children’s Minister will help children find their place in the church to serve, share, and grow.
• Attend Children’s Ministry workshops, weekly studying/reading material for personal spiritual growth.
• Grow relationships with other children’s ministers/mentors
• Being an active part of a Connect Group and/or an adult bible class either monthly/quarterly
• Coordinate a children’s worship program on Sunday mornings. This will include selecting the curriculum, recruit and staff volunteers, and organize a rotation process.
• Recruit and staff volunteers for nursery
• Coordinate Bible class program for cradle roll through sixth grades. This will include developing and securing curriculum, develop teacher recruitment and training, and developing coordinators for different areas as needed.
• Supplying teachers with the appropriate supplies needed for each lesson.
• Coordinate “Bridge 56” program (classes and events)
• Plan and coordinate fellowship activities for children, parents, and their families on a monthly to quarterly basis.
• Possible fellowships would include: Playgroups for moms of preschool aged children, Seasonal activities (Fall Fest, Breakfast with Santa, Easter Egg Hunt, Summer kick-off)
• Organize service/outreach projects for members of our congregation and/or community.
• Plan and coordinate Vacation Bible School
• Work with and communicate with children’s ministry deacons on a regular basis.
• Work with deacons to develop and manage the annual budget for the children’s ministry.
• Attend worship, church-wide events, and social functions on a regular basis.
• Actively participate in weekly staff meetings and periodic leadership meetings of the church.
• Email a weekly newsletter to each family and update Facebook page to keep families informed on activities.
Organization: Pine Tree Church of Christ
About the Organization: Our congregation has an average of 400-450 on Sunday mornings. We have a large young families group with a thriving children's ministry. We also have a hispanic congregation and join them for our bible classes.
Organization Location: Longview, Texas
Address: 3221 Dundee Rd.
Longview, TX 75604