Availability: September 11, 2023 - December 1, 2023
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: The Children’s Minister is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to
our Shiloh Kids Ministry, (“SKM”) at Shiloh Road Church of Christ.
• Oversee all programming and ministry for children birth – 5th grade, including Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, summer programming, special events, etc...
• Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
• Recruit, train, schedule, and lead teams of volunteers.
• Prepare and manage budget for SKM.
• Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families into SKM.
• Manage the development, distribution, and allocation of curriculum and supplies.
• Work with our Communications Director to create a appealing presence through website,
social media, print materials, etc.
• Be a part of our church staff and bring ideas, creativity, and passion to our team.
• Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security
resulting in the implementation of policies and safeguards along with our Security Team.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
• Fully embrace the mission, vision, and values of Shiloh Road.
• Be reliable, take initiative, and be self-motivated.
• Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation, and creativity.
• Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
• Have a cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers and
• Leader - Obviously, you must love children, but the Children's Minister’s primary focus is overseeing the adults who work closely with children.
• Team Work – Work with and build high performance teams. Know how to pull great people together to accomplish significant tasks. Recognize that a team is stronger than an individual and involve other people in the process.
• Equipping – Recognize that parents are the primary spiritual influence in a child’s life, not you. Therefore, do all you can to partner with and equip parents to be the best spiritual mentors in the life of their children.
• Administrative - Professional and capable management, administrative, and leadership skills are essential along with excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge of current church software, as well as other important software.
• Communication/Teaching – It is important to communicate spiritual truth in compelling and transformative ways to children and to cooperate and collaborate with adults for effective teamwork.
• Strategic Thinking - Implement our church’s vision, mission, and values creatively. The ability to organize theoretical ideas into actionable and measurable processes are essential.
(Contact via email for full job description)
Organization: Siloh Road Church of Christ
Organization Location: Tyler, TX
Name: Gena Lazcano
Address: 370 Royal Circle, Whitehouse, Texas, 75791