Availability: Mar. 9, 2021 - Apr. 30, 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: Responsibilities:
• Preaching and teaching: Deliver sermons that are Biblical, significant, relevant, interesting, and that can be applied. Ensure that the Bible class curriculum is scriptural, relevant, and taught by qualified teachers who are committed to comprehensive preparation.
• Coordinate all aspects of the Sunday worship service: Ensure that worship allows members to use their gifts in ways that build up the church and glorify God. Foster a welcoming environment of inclusion and excitement among member families and visitors.
• Discipleship: Be the example of a disciple who makes disciples. Ensure that members are trained to be disciples who make disciples. Partner with members to help them be the primary disciple-makers in their families.
• Pastoral Care: Stay connected with members, know what is going on in their lives, be available and present during times of need. Provide counseling when appropriate and refer to professionals when needed.
• Involvement: Foster an “every member a minister” culture. Collaborate with appointed and developing ministry leaders (small group, children, youth, worship, outreach, benevolence, etc.). Be personally involved in at least one Small Group.
• Evangelism and community outreach: Lead evangelistic Bible studies and equip others to do the same. Ensure that members are equipped to share their faith. Create a system for visitor follow-up. Help create a positive reputation and strong relationships within the Celina community. Help to plan and participate in community outreach events.
• Leadership: Coordinate with the leadership group/elders. Be consistent in identifying, developing, and training new leaders. Collaborate with Shawnee Trail staff ministers. Collaborate with the leadership team and finance ministry leader to submit and manage an annual budget.
Job Requirements: Qualifications:
• Proven spiritual maturity.
• Previous ministry and leadership experience within the Church of Christ.
• Proven ability to teach effectively.
• Proven organization and communication skills within a congregation.
• College degree in Bible, ministry, or a related field.
• Proven ability to work productively within a team.
Management Structure and Work Expectations:
• Supervised by Shawnee Trail elders until Celina Church elders are appointed.
• Give proper care and time to his family.
• Balance time in study with time visiting members and outreach.
• Maintain his relationship with God through Bible study, prayer, fasting, and solitude.
• Undergo a yearly evaluation based upon this job description and guidelines from the elders.
For more information: Celina Church Plant Minister Profile hyperlink:https://ccbchurch.s3.amazonaws.com/71579/storage/1/Shawnee_Trail_Celina_Church_Plant_Minister_Profile.pdf?response-content-type=application%2Fpdf&X-Amz-Content-Sha256=UNSIGNED-PAYLOAD&X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIASIGAHNLG7DNET2VF%2F20210309%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20210309T202831Z&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Expires=90&X-Amz-Signature=7d2daaf7cbcd77092f69491eabc8b2c8ca0af8f2388b821cfeb7eddd9fc63417
Organization: Shawnee Trail Church of Christ
About the Organization: History of Shawnee Trail:
In 2002, two families met in a Frisco home with a desire to plant a vibrant church that made a difference in its community. Almost 20 years later, Shawnee Trail carries on those pioneering disciples’ vision of what this church should be, and what God wants us to be – a vibrant church that is growing and reaching people with the message of Jesus Christ. Now with a membership over 600, Shawnee Trail is moving into a new era of growing God’s Kingdom and reaching the lost by becoming a church that plants churches. We believe the 1st Century church grew because followers of Jesus planted churches all over the Roman World. In the 21st Century, we believe the church will grow the same way. Our vision is to establish partner churches in North Texas, beginning with the town of Celina.
Shawnee Trail exists to transform lives in Collin and Denton Counties through relationships with each other and Jesus Christ. Our mission is to make disciples who make disciples through the transforming power of the Gospel.
Organization Location: Frisco, Texas
Name: Kelley Grant
Address: 10633 John W. Ellior Dr.
Frisco, TX. 75009