Availability: Nov. 16, 2021 - Feb. 16, 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: Principle Function: Oversee the Family and Adult Education ministries and experiences that help people connect to God and find community within the church body.
Responsibilities May Include:
• Small Group Ministry – Recruit and equip group leaders, provide curriculum
• Work with Ladies to enable Ladies Retreat
• Develop and implement a Family Retreat – Intergenerational
• Adult Education – Develop and implement Sunday and Wednesday Bible classes for Adults, provide curriculum. Recruit and train teachers.
• Family Involvement – Partner with other Ministerial staff to develop events/programs to engage families and provide opportunities to connect and serve. Help members of all ages identify their giftedness and find areas where they can serve, in the church as well as in the community.
• New Family process – Maintain follow-up system for families and provide a clear pathway for new families to take next steps of service and engagement.
• Worship planning – Partner with staff to plan worship
• Volunteers - Create and maintain processes that assist other ministries by helping populate the leadership pipeline of our church.
• Relationships - Serve as lead advocate for intergenerational relationships within service opportunities and equip ministry leaders to cultivate those relationships.
• Design and implement comprehensive methods for training and equipping volunteers in all areas of ministry, and assist various ministry leaders in providing this training.
• Prepare a weekly bulleting article promoting Family ministry and activities.
• Attend monthly elder meetings
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Attend a Christian Workshop at least once every two years.
• Develop and Maintain Education Budget.
General Ministerial Responsibilities
• Minister On Call, hospital visitation, weddings, funerals, counseling and participation in staff activities.
Job Requirements: Commitment to Christ, Educational background in Ministry, teacher, leader, consistent lifestyle, team building and team player, interpersonal relations, dependable, committed, flexible, enthusiastic, well organized, motivational, great communicator, computer/social media skills.
Organization: Austin Avenue Church of Christ
About the Organization: The Austin Avenue Church of Christ is a congregation of around 280 members (~400 pre-pandemic). We have a long history of foreign missions and want to invigorate our congregation for involvement and serving each other and out local community. This Connections/Family Minister will help us in that effort.
The vision of Austin Avenue Church of Christ is to foster a community of believers, to support and expand missions locally and abroad, and to witness a world transformed by the life-changing reality of the Gospel, as people come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
Organization Location: Brownwood, Texas
Name: Tim Jacobs
Address: 1020 Austin Avenue
Brownwood, TX 76801