Availability: Nov. 16, 2021 - Feb. 16, 2022
Job Type: Part Time
Job Description: Principle Function: To ensure children’s growth spiritually through curriculum, scripture, and events. Provide a safe, loving environment for children to grow spiritually and develop a foundation for Christ that will carry them through adulthood.
Responsibilities May Include:
• Develop / Update / Purchase curriculum for ages birth-6th grade
• Be available on Sunday morning and Wednesday night prior to class to assist teachers.
• Oversight and coordination of the Austin Avenue Children’s ministry including Kid’s Worship, Bible study groups and childcare, including teacher training, leadership pipeline and teacher appreciation.
• Coordinate Teachers/Volunteers for Sunday and Wednesday night classes.
• Have ability to develop, coordinate and supervise potential after-school or preschool outreach.
• Development and oversight of special events to foster community within the church.
• Attend monthly elder meetings
• Prepare weekly bulletin articles to promote Children’s Ministry.
• Attend a Children’s workshop training at least once every two years.
• Maintain the Children’s Safety Policy,
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Attend camps and retreats.
• Develop and oversee Children’s Ministry budget.
General Ministerial Responsibilities:
On call, hospital visitation, weddings, funerals and participation in staff activities.
Job Requirements: Skills Required:
Educational background in Children’s Education, love for children, enthusiastic, flexible, strong communicator, team builder and team player, encourager, dependable, disciplined, delegator, organized, computer / social media skills.
Organization: Austin Avenue Church of Christ
About the Organization: We are a congregation of around 280 members (~400 pre-pandemic) with a rich history of foreign missions. Our eldership is looking to re-invigorate our membership to discipleship, involvement, and service to our body and local community. Our Children's Minister over the last 10+ years has decided to retire and we are looking to replace with a quality individual.
The vision of Austin Avenue Church of Christ is to foster a community of believers, to support and expand missions locally and abroad, and to witness a world transformed by the life-changing reality of the Gospel, as people come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
Organization Location: Brownwood, Texas
Name: Mitch Moore
Address: 1020 Austin Avenue
Brownwood, TX 76801