Availability: Mar. 4, 2021 - Jun. 4, 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: The Bastrop Church of Christ, in Bastrop, Texas is seeking a full-time Pulpit Minister to join with our congregation in preaching, teaching, leadership, and growth - both spiritually and numerically. We are looking for an individual who is convicted to teach the Word of God, led by the Spirit, and passionate about bringing others into relationship with their Father.
Job Requirements: SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for presenting a sermon on Sunday mornings
• Lead one Bible class each week
• Help plan and organize worship services
• Meet regularly with the Shepherds and assist in Church planning and vision
• Participate in Congregational ministries and oversee outreach to the community
• Support the efforts of “The Gathering” and sister Congregations
• Be active in be activities of the congregation and serve as a member as well as a Pastor
• Join the Congregation in ministering to the needs of our members and community
• Must be a Spirit-led servant of God who feels a calling to bring others to Christ
• Must be faithful in his walk, faithful to his family, and faithful to his Church Family
• Strong communication, teaching, and motivational skills
• Mature in his faith, but youthful in his passion to serve
• Prudent in how he lives his life and compassionate toward others
• Educated in Ministry/Biblical Studies (Bachelor’s Degree of equivalent experience)
Link to Posting:
Organization: Bastrop Church of Christ
About the Organization: OUR CONGREGATION:
Our congregation is located in Bastrop, Texas approximately 35 miles east of Austin - on FM20 just 1 mile south of Hwy 71. We have a very loving Church Family comprised of approximate 50 members of mixed ages and five Elders.
We are an open-door congregation that meets people where they are, as we strive to be a reflection of Christ’s love to all of God’s children. We hold fast to the inspired scriptures and seek God’s guidance in all that we do while we strive to love God and love our neighbors.
Our worship services are filled with singing, prayer, communion, and study of the Word. We encourage the women of our Congregation to participate fully in our services and although we enjoy acapella singing primarily, we frequently include recorded instrumental music during our meditation times.
“THE GATHERING” FELLOWSHIP:
In order to fellowship with other followers of Christ in our area, and to better utilize our beautiful facility, we have joined with two other non-denominational congregations (Celebration Community Church and Heirs of Grace Church) to share a building and to walk side-by-side with each other in ministry, study, fellowship, and worship. God has shown us a vision of a community of believers working to breakdown barriers of division and to seek unity among His disciples.
Sunday AM Classes 9:30am (Combined Classes with Sister Congregations)
Sunday AM Worship 10:30am
Sunday Home Fellowships 5:30pm (Every other Sunday night)
Monday Spanish Bible Study 7:00pm
Tuesday Men’s Bible Study 6:00pm (Combined Study with Sister Congregations)
Wednesday Worship 6:30pm (Combined Service with Sister Congregations)
Hope for Haiti’s Children, Bastrop Food Pantry, Bastrop Emergency Shelter
(partnering ministries - Hope House, Kids Outdoor Zone (KOZ), Water Well Ministry)
Organization Location: Our congregation is located in Bastrop, Texas approximately 35 miles east of Austin - on FM20 just 1 mile south of Hwy 71.
Physical Address: 287 FM20, Bastrop, TX 78602
Name: Oran Isbell
Address: 287 FM20
Bastrop, TX. 79602