Availability: Mar. 23, 2021 - Jun. 23, 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: The connections ministry is a framework of networking to help connect people to God, to the Belton church family, to our areas of ministry, and to our community. The overall objective is to design, coordinate, and direct a comprehensive ministry system that helps bring both active and inactive church members, as well as new members, into meaningful relationships which provide a pathway for each member to become more committed as “fully devoted Christ-followers” who are eager to serve.
Job Requirements: CONNECTIONS WITH WORSHIP
• Lead congregation in worship on Sunday mornings and other times as needed.
• Recruit, develop and work with praise team to enhance worship.
• Schedule praise team practices as needed.
• Coordinate with all worship participants (prayer, communion, etc).
• Introduce new songs on a regular basis.
• Recruit, develop and work with a team of volunteers to operate A/V booth & Livestream.
• Work with Lead Minister to organize, develop, and plan worship.
CONNECTIONS WITH SOCIAL MEDIA
• Develop a strategic plan for our online presence in worship.
• Develop a strategic plan for our social media presence.
• Social media presence to include promotion of all areas of ministry, special events, groups, etc.
• Recruit and develop volunteers to enhance our social media presence.
• Work with staff regarding social media strategy.
CONNECTIONS WITH GROUPS
• Design and implement a plan for developing group leaders that will allow the church to continually expand and multiply groups.
• Design and implement a plan that regularly encourages and gives members an onramp to join a group as well as the establishment of new groups
• Design and implement a plan for developing leadership talent among the young adults (20’s & 30’s), as well as developing groups that will connect members of this age group.
• Participate by teaching a Sunday morning group as well as leading a Life Group.
CONNECTIONS WITH MINISTRY
• Develop and oversee a church-wide strategic plan for recruiting, developing, and implementing volunteers to connect in the various ministries of our church.
• Work with ministry leaders to connect members with our areas of ministry.
• Work with ministry leaders to continually encourage member connection with ministry.
• Lead, coordinate, and oversee the monthly Next Steps Class to introduce visitors and new members to our church family.
• Work with ministry leaders to connect new members with our areas of ministry.
• Reports to Lead Minister.
• Participates in accountability structure currently developed by the staff.
• Other duties strategically assigned by the Lead Minister.
THE CONNECTIONS AND WORSHIP MINISTER SHOULD BE:
• A fully devoted follower of Jesus
• Passionate about God’s Word
• Comfortable in leading small groups
• Skilled at leading teams to accomplish shared objectives
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to multi-task
• Good with time management
• Active and aggressive in identifying and developing volunteers for all areas of ministry.
• Comfortable with trying new things
• Energized by spending time with others
• Able to collaborate with others
• Open and receptive to accountability
• A team player
Organization: Belton Church of Christ
About the Organization: HISTORY
From a miniscule beginning in 1903, the Belton Church of Christ has a rich history in Central Texas. At one time it was the largest Church of Christ between Austin and Dallas. Tillit S. Teddlie, a well-known composer of gospel songs, was the first full-time minister of the Belton Church of Christ. The church had 18 preachers before Joe Baisden, who served the congregation from 1971 – 2004. Since 2004, the church has had several interim preachers as well as four full-time ministers. J. Ritchie Hamm currently serves as the preaching minister. Bruce Beaver serves as the youth and family minister. Vince Nieves serves as the children and family minister. The church has two part-time administrative assistants, and currently has four men serving as shepherds.
The church building is located at 3003 N. Main in Belton, TX, and is a strategic location for Belton ISD as well as Temple ISD. Just two miles north of the church building is the fastest growing area of West Temple, including a new high school for Belton ISD as well as new campuses for both elementary and middle school. Belton is also the home of the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, a private Christian university with an enrollment of almost 4,000 students.
Active ministries at the Belton church include: youth, children, groups, college/young adult, ladies Bible class, men’s, women’s, missions, senior adult, and our sewing ministries call Soft Touch and Threads of Love. The church also is home to Belton Christian Preschool which operates two days a week with an average enrollment between 100-125. Average attendance for Sunday morning worship in 2020 (pre-COVID) was 450.
CITY OF BELTON
The city of Belton is located on the I-35 corridor between Austin (60 miles south) and Waco (40 miles north). Belton is the 5th largest city in the Killeen-Temple metropolitan area, and Belton serves as the county seat of Bell County. In 2019, the population of Belton was 22,885. The city maintains 13 city parks. Largest among them are Heritage Park, which is along the Leon River. Yettie Polk Park, which winds along Nolan Creek with a walking trail reaching from down and Interstate 35 to the University of Mary Hardin Baylor, and Miller Springs Nature Center offering hiking trails along the Leon River below the Belton Lake Dam. For recreation, Belton has two major lakes: Belton Lake on the Leon River, and Stillhouse Hollow Lake on the Lampasas River. Belton Lake has 11 public access parks owned and maintained by the United States Army Corps of Engineers. Stillhouse Lake has four with lake access. These parks offer many amenities such as boat docks, picnic areas, hike and bike trails, camping sites, public restroom facilities, marinas and designated sandy swimming beaches.
Organization Location: Belton, Texas
Name: Vince Nieves
Address: 3003 N Main St
Belton, TX. 76513