Availability: Nov 4, 2022 - Dec 31, 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: New Hope Church of Christ is hiring a full-time worship minister. This energetic, spirit-led minister will have as their primary goal to bring glory to God through meaningful, enriching worship services. A secondary focus is to increase the involvement of our members in the other ministries of the church.
This person would need to be able to lead weekly a cappella praise teams and congregational singing. This person would also be expected to help form meaningful, scripture-based worship themes, working with the preaching minister.
• Brings glory to God through engaging and impactful worship services that guide the New Hope family to grow in their faith.
• Has a heart for the spiritual formation of this church, and for those involved in the Music Ministry – one who is first a minister and then a musician.
• Able to blend a worship style that is creative and visionary while supporting the identity and mission of New Hope.
• Has a passion for leading people to grow closer to Jesus Christ through worship and teaching.
• Displays charisma and stage presence and leads worship with passion and energy.
• Responsible for organizing worship opportunities and other events in addition to corporate worship on Sunday Mornings. (i.e. Christmas Eve, worship nights, funerals, weddings, etc.)
• Identifies, recruits, and equips praise team members. Also leads, organizes, and facilitates praise team rehearsals.
• Maintains proficient knowledge of music and new songs to enhance the development of the praise team.
• Works alongside the preaching minister on a strategic level to plan events, encourage vision, and implement strategies for pursuing the mission of New Hope.
• Is an active part of the Ministry Team to provide alignment and support for other ministries.
• Develops and administers an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
• Oversees and coordinates the multimedia ministry, including the audio and visual elements of worship in-house, online and video.
• Willingness to be a team player and accept additional responsibilities as needed for the benefit of New Hope.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Baptized Christian
• Bachelor’s degree in music, performing arts or ministry preferred
• Music training required (i.e. choir, band, music workshops)
• Two years of applicable experience in leading a cappella worship services with a praise team
• Proficient with the use of technology in worship: sound, lighting, PowerPoint, video projection, Pro-Presenter, CCLI, Planning Center, etc.
• Possesses biblical knowledge and a firm grasp of biblical principles
• Exceptional singing voice and stage presence
• Comfortable with public speaking and able to teach
• Team oriented and able to communicate effectively with staff and church members
To apply or for further information, contact Kristine Newberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organization: New Hope Church of Christ
About the Organization: New Hope Church of Christ is a vibrant, multi-generational church of about 350 members. We seek to bring glory to God through loving and serving each other and the community around us. Our primary focus is to draw people closer to Jesus.
Organization Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Name: Kristine Newberg
Address: 700 W. Second Street
Edmond, Oklahoma, 73003