Availability: Sep. 15, 2021 - Dec. 15, 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Summary of Position
A leadership staff position that will provide vision, energy, oversight, and daily direction to all aspects of Family Ministry leading youth and families into discipleship; enthusiastically implements vision and values through student ministries; keep before the church body, staff, and elders a vision of the necessity of winning Families to Christ and discipling them to greater maturity; working as a team member toward the mission and vision of HCOC through ministry to youth and families.
• Implement and articulate a unique strategy and program structure by which the Family Ministry
can serve youth and their families.
• Articulate HCOC vision to ministry staff and volunteers.
• Keep current with innovations in youth, student and family-focused ministries.
• Serve as an advocate for Family Ministry before staff, congregation, and elders.
• Create and administer programs that will help students and families embrace Christ.
• Develop summer programming ideas that are fun and that help families experience Jesus.
• Partner with parents by equipping them with resources to become actively and intentionally
involved in the spiritual formation and discipleship of their families.
• Develop and direct children and family outreach opportunities through family and community
• Plan and administer mission-focused learning opportunities for varying age levels including (but
not limited to): Impact Church, Good Shepherd Mission, Honduras, etc
• Plan and administer camp and retreat opportunities for students and children
• While youth activities are often separate, strive to have intergenerational contact and activities.
• Lead coordinators, teachers, greeters, resource personnel, and other volunteers in the Student
• Facilitate an effective educational model (infra-structure) to serve the families of HCOC.
• Provide teacher training and teacher/volunteer appreciation events.
• Leadership responsibility for Leadership Training for Christ (LTC)
• Leadership responsibility for volunteer staff of Family Ministry
• Team player as regards worship, classes and opportunities to be with church family.
• Recruit and train capable coordinators to lead each division of educational organization.
• Recruit and train capable coordinators, teachers, and counselors for special events.
• Assist coordinators in recruiting teachers/helpers in each division of the educational organization.
Job Requirements: College degree or comparable work experience, preferably in accounting or finance
Knowledge of payroll/accounting principles
Customer service experience a plus
Proficiency with computers and contemporary online applications
Excellent interpersonal skills
Effective analytical ability, particularly in a technical environment.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, client focused environment
Effective decision making and problem solving skills involving troubleshooting basic to moderate issues.
Strong organizational skills.
Organization: Huntsville Church of Christ
Organization Info: Our congregation is a loving, vibrant group of believers who seek to love God, love people and to serve the world.
Organization Location: Huntsville, Texas
Name: Amy Balch
Address: 3737 SH 30
Huntsvile, TX 77340