Availability: Feb. 15, 2021 - May 15, 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: For a full church profile, detailed job description, and to apply for the position, visit www.collegehillcoc.com/youth-minister-search.
The youth minister’s primary responsibility will be to develop and lead the church’s ministry toward 6th-12th grade students. The goal of this ministry is to contribute to God’s work of developing teenagers into life-long, active disciples of Christ who are equipped:
(1) to seek an ever-deepening relationship with God in accordance with God’s word,
(2) to serve as active contributors to the life and ministry of the church, and
(3) to participate in the mission of God in an increasingly secular age.
To do this, the youth minister should be prepared to set an example through his own life of discipleship, to cultivate relationships with youth group members and their families, to teach engaging biblical lessons of depth and relevance, and to provide leadership to the church’s ministry through oversight of youth activities, instruction, trips, and events.
Secondarily, the youth minister will also be expected to support the overall goals and mission of the church alongside the church ministry staff and eldership. The youth minister will be expected to utilize and develop his gifts in service of the church in appropriate ways (e.g., by teaching, preaching, leading worship, planning events, etc., as appropriate.)
Job Requirements: Personal Qualities and Attributes:
- The youth minister should be, first and foremost, a disciple of Jesus Christ, actively engaged in the ongoing spiritual development of a personal relationship with God.
- The youth minister should be able to describe his sense of calling to youth ministry. The minister should be able to show evidence of how he is actively seeking to cultivate and develop that calling through training and practice.
- The youth minister should possess the gifts and capabilities for building relationships with students and their families, for skillful teaching of God’s word in ways relevant to teenagers, and for leadership of a spiritually formative youth ministry program.
- The youth minister should be a strong self-motivator, able to take initiative in the development and leadership of the youth program.
- The youth minister should be a capable communicator, able to coordinate with parents and volunteers about plans and opportunities to serve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building Spiritual Relationships
- Youth Ministry Leadership
- Church Leadership in accordance with gifts
- Diligence, Teamwork, and Growth
See detailed description of each item in full job description (www.collegehillcoc.com/youth-minister-search).
Organization: College Hill Church of Christ
Organization Description: Since 1963, the College Hill Church of Christ has served God in North Richland Hills, TX, a city of 70,000+ residents in the center of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Our mission is to be a church family, growing in faith, grace, and discipleship. We believe that a vibrant youth ministry is essential to our mission, as we strive to participate in God’s work of raising up disciples in every generation of God’s family. We are seeking a youth minister who is called and gifted to build upon the ministry of the church toward our youth group and their families.
Organization Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Name: Stephen Mead
Address: 7447 N. College Cir
North Richland Hills, TX 76180