Availability: Jun 28, 2022 - Dec 27, 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: The Ovilla Church of Christ Youth Minister position is to serve as part of the staff in ministering to our congregational and community needs. The position is responsible for building and maintaining a well-rounded spiritual, service and social oriented program with a special focus on the teaching, training and developing of our young people in Christian beliefs and behavior. The Youth Minister is to set a Biblical example to our youth and to stress the importance of Christianity in their lives and in association with others. The youth should be taught and encouraged to grow spiritually, utilize their spiritual gifts, and share God’s love to the world as directed in Matthew 28:18-20. The minister is to support the youth and their parents and empower them in spiritual growth and build a Christ-oriented mindset.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Work with youth, deacons, and parents to develop, maintain and grow the Youth Program.
- Build Christ centered relationships with the young people at Ovilla and surrounding areas.
- Find creative ways to enhance their involvement in the Youth Program
- Visit the youth and their families in their homes, and during special events in their lives and in their every-day activities.
- Encourage and teach the youth to develop their skills as leaders and active members in the church by providing opportunities to hone their skills in teaching, preaching and leading prayers.
- Teach the Ovilla youth gGroup classes on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights.
- Implement additional Bible studies for the youth outside the regular Sunday and Wednesday timeframes.
- Provide devotional and study times that give an opportunity for in-depth knowledge of the Bible and how to apply that knowledge to their lives.
- Encourage the youth and their families to value worshiping and serving God.
- Develop a method to allow the parents of the youth to approach him and provide regular input/feedback on the Youth Program including the effectiveness of the program.
- Attend/Hold regular meetings with deacons/elders to review program and proposed changes prior to implementation.
- Create an inclusive environment within the Program for all of our youth.
- Work with deacons/elders and families to organize retreats, area-wide devotionals and mission trips which challenge the youth in their spiritual/service/social growth.
- Keep regular working hours through the week that will allow for availability and reliability on a full-time basis for the youth and their families.
- Notify the administrative staff of abnormal work hours, vacations, personal leave, etc. in an advanced and timely manner. Notify the administrative staff of sickness as soon as possible.
- Ensure that any recognized sign of self-abuse or abuse by others be immediately pointed out to the elders and report to appropriate authorities and deacons/elders as required by law.
- Other duties as assigned by the elders.
The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sound Biblical knowledge and understanding of Church of Christ doctrine/beliefs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Faithful member of the Lord’s church.
- Demonstrate Biblical and doctrinal soundness.
- Experience with Youth Ministries (preferred)
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner with others.
- Able to relate to youth and their parents.
- Able to speak to large audiences (i.e. 100+) in a confident and articulate manner. Possess spiritual and moral maturity.
- Self-motivated spiritually.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher (Bible degree preferred.)
Organization: Ovilla Church of Christ
Organization Location: Ovilla, Texas
Who to contact
Name: Christopher Keener
Address: 3420 Ovilla Rd
Ovilla, Texas, 75154