Availability: Nov. 10, 2021 - Feb. 10, 2022
Job Type: Full Time
The Rose Hill Church of Christ is seeking a Youth Minister. The goal of the Youth Minister is to assist the parents of young people in coming to Christ, maturing them in their walk of faith, and developing a desire to reach out to the community and the world with Good News and good works.
We seek someone with the ability to create a vision for the Youth Ministry at Rose Hill and work together with the Elders, Minister, and Deacons to pursue a vision for the church. In addition, the preferred candidate would have the following qualities, values, and characteristics:
• Solid Bible Knowledge.
• Mature, motivated, and energetic person capable of safely and logistically organizing trips, events, and activities. Maturity includes a work ethic with the ability to work unsupervised, and be accountable, punctual, and dependable.
• A good communicator, both personally, written, social media, and in a public/class setting.
• Able to positively interact and connect with young people of all ages, their parents, and the membership at large.
• Commitment to an environment of Family Ministry. The candidate would be a member of the body at Rose Hill and a Minister as well, assisting all members, no matter their age.
• The congregation is committed to involvement with the Lads2Leaders program. The candidate should have the commitment, desire, and ability to lead that program.
• A college/university degree in Bible, Ministry or related field or four years’ experience as a Youth Minister, or a combination of education and experience. Consideration will be given as well to other applicable experience.
• The ability and desire to preach several times a year, as there will be opportunities to do so.
• Technical ability to work with livestreaming and recording equipment, social media posting and administration, and PowerPoint.
Other desirable skills would be teaching classes for all ages, including adult lessons for the congregation, and song leading. This person would be working as a staff member within the guidelines and direction of the Elders and alongside a Minister and a secretary. He will also work alongside deacons (including a Deacon over Youth) serving a congregation of 165 (average Sunday Pre-Covid attendance).
We will review the resumes in the order received. Please send the following to email@example.com.
• Letter describing your philosophy and mission in Youth Ministry.
• List (or slide deck) of ideas or best practices for Youth Ministry in both a “Covid” and “Normal” environment.
• List of references with contact information.
• Link to recent classes or lessons.
Organization: Rose Hill Church of Christ
Organization Location: Columbus, Georgia
Name: Alan Fonville