Availability: Mar. 16, 2021 - Jun. 16, 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: POSITION SUMMARY
The Youth Pastor will have the primary responsibility of overseeing the nurturing and training of youth (sixth – twelfth grade) into a vital and transforming relationship with Jesus Christ.
Professes faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Committed to support St. Luke’s United Methodist Church’s mission to Reach, Grow and Send fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide leadership for creating an atmosphere that encourages youth to discover and grow in a personal relationship with Jesus at both of our campuses.
• Coordinate discipleship objectives with pastoral staff and research, purchase, or develop curricula for all youth ministry programs.
• Recruit, train, and shepherd youth ministry leaders (paid and/or volunteer) through teaching, discipleship, and ongoing encouragement.
• Build a healthy and engaged Core Leadership Team.
• Oversee the discipling of the youth of St. Luke’s through personal relationships with the youth and their parents, worship experiences, Sunday school classes, small groups, special events, and other activities and ministries.
• Build relationships with youth and their parents and be available to them to provide resources and encouragement as we partner together with them in making disciples within and beyond their family.
• Follow up on all youth newcomers and help connect them to ongoing participation in our youth ministry and church.
• Ensure that St. Luke’s vision and mission is implemented within the youth ministry: “St. Luke’s is a Christ-centered family of grace where all persons are welcome and wanted. We are committed to reach, grow, and send forth fully devoted followers of Jesus.”
• Invest in raising the visibility of youth ministries throughout the church family and in the community through a variety of techniques and methods. We want our youth ministry to be a place where youth love to belong.
• Assist in pastoring the congregation of St. Luke’s through nurturing our church family, hospital visitation, counseling, etc. especially when the families of our youth are involved.
• Coordinate and facilitate quarterly Youth Parent Meetings.
• Coordinate and facilitate monthly Core Leadership Team Meetings.
• Be available and visible to greet families prior to Sunday school and worship on Sunday mornings alternating evenly between Central and Southwest campuses.
• Identify, empower and instruct a lead youth ministry volunteers at each campus
• Make a weekly follow-up contact with any youth who is a newcomer to any St. Luke’s events.
• Contact four youth and two adults (volunteers or youth parents) each week.
• Regularly provide Youth Ministry content to the weekly bulletin and monthly newsletter.
Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• 4 Year Degree Preferred
• 2 Years of Ministry Experience
• Basic Computer Skills Required
• Maintain confidentiality with sensitive
• Must be able to work well in a team
Organization: St. Lukes Lubbock
About the Organization: St. Luke's is a Christ-centered family of grace where all persons are welcome and wanted.
We are committed to Reach, Grow and Send forth fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
St. Luke's Lubbock is a warm, lively and growing United Methodist Church, serving Lubbock and surrounding area from two campuses. Our CENTRAL CAMPUS is located at 45th and Memphis, where the ministry of St. Luke's United Methodist Church has been since 1957. Our SOUTHWEST CAMPUS was established in September 2004, St. Luke's Southwest is located at 98th and Frankford with a holistic approach to ministry.
Organization Location: Lubbock, Texas
Name: Emalee Blau
Address: 3708 45th St.
Lubbock, TX 79413