“What Will My Contribution to Nursing EBP Be?”
THURSDAY, APRIL 16, 2015
1:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
*MCM ELEGANTE HOTEL (801 Avenue Q, Lubbock, TX)
- Explore decision making process in nursing practice today.
- Review how ownership of nursing practice impacts patient care.
- Understand EBP is your practice.
- Design personal objectives for EBP.
- Discuss what it means to create nursing cultures of continuous improvement.
Scholarship Awards: Prosperity Bank will present scholarships from the Endowed Nursing Scholarship Fund to recipients of all local schools of nursing.
This event is for nursing students, as well as RNs interested to learn about EBP. Student nurses may attend free of charge, but will need to register.
Cost: $40 (contact hours awarded)
“Meeting the ANCC Magnet Award Status: Criteria IV-New Knowledge, Innovations and
FRIDAY, APRIL 17, 2015
7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
BAKER CONFERENCE CENTER, LCU CAMPUS
- Distinguish definition of Quality improvement, evidence based practice and research projects by nurses.
- Recognize significance of skills of negotiation and debate, and knowledge of change.
- Cultivate expectation of evidence based decision making.
- Assist and lead with creating cultures of continuous improvement.
Buffet Breakfast will be served at 7:30 am
Program is 8:00-12:30 pm with Nursing contact hours awarded.
Program is designed for practicing registered nurses wishing to incorporate EBP into their practice and assist their hospital to achieve magnet status.
Cost: $60 (contact hours awarded)