Application to the Family Nurse Practitioner Track is a two phase process involving the Graduate Studies Office and the Graduate Nursing Department. To start the application process, complete the on-line student application. Once you have submitted the on-line application, you will be contacted soon with further instructions on when and where to submit the additional information listed below. Applicants must be physically able to perform all patient care skills associated with the role of a family nurse practitioner in the primary care setting.
LCU MSN / FNP Program Admission Criteria
- Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited university (BSN preferred)
- Completed LCU student application
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (cumulative or last 60 hours)
- 2 years full-time RN work experience
- Current BLS certification
- Current AHA Adult ECG Rhythm Course
- Faculty Interview (All applicants may not necessarily be granted an interview)
- Submission of personal essay specifying your interest in becoming a family nurse practitioner, your long-term career goals, and why you chose this graduate program. Essay should be double spaced and not exceed 2 pages in length.
- 3 letters of recommendation (1 letter must be from FNP or physician)
- Professional Resume / CV
- Verification of current Texas licensure as RN
- Completion of criminal background check
- $35 (non-refundable) application fee