Founded in 2009, Friends of the Arts is an organization at Lubbock Christian University that promotes and provides for the further development of the Fine Arts programs at LCU.
FOTA has actively encouraged and supported the artistic community at LCU by sponsoring the Prince and Princess Tea Party in conjunction with the LCU production of Cinderella, decorations for the Christmas Concert, and valuable sponsorship for the cast and crew of Carousel and the joint LCU and Wayland Choir Concert featuring the Lubbock premier of Te Deum by Mark Hayes.
Monies raised by FOTA also help fund student scholarships. Future goals include providing new instruments for the LCU symphonic band, a theatre building, and an art building. With the help of donations from supporters such as you, we will continue to develop the LCU's Fine Arts programs.
How much is a FOTA Membership?
Friends of the Arts offers six annual membership levels:
- Sponsor ($1,000+) – commemorative plaque
- Benefactor ($500-$999) – "salon" (private) concert for a special occasion
- Angel ($200-$499) – 2 complementary tickets each to the Fall and Spring productions (4 tickets total)
- Patron ($100-$199) – discounted theater production tickets
- Friend ($50-$99) – FOTA Window Sticker and priority notification for theater productions
- Student ($25-$49) – FOTA T-Shirt
Each successive annual membership level receives the benefit at that level and all those below it. So, Sponsor level members receive all of the benefits above!
Additionally, Friends of the Arts has four lifetime membership levels:
- Bronze - $2,500-$4,999
- Silver - $5,000 - $24,999
- Gold - $25,000 - $49,999
- Platinum - over $50,000
All gifts to Friends of the Arts are tax deductible to the extent donations exceed the value of benefits received.
Pay your dues or give online. Select "Departmental Gifts" then "Friends of the Arts".
To learn more about LCU Friends of the Arts, email FOTA President Keith Laughery at klaughery+FOTA@gmail.com.