Functional Title: Administrative Assistant
Classification: Staff, Non-exempt
Department: Psychology and Counseling
Reports To: Carlos Perez, PhD, Department Chair
Primary Function: Support Services for the department
- Meet and greet the public either in person or on the phone
- Take minutes for departmental meetings
- Keep a database of student issues occurring in the department
- Manage department student workers
- Maintain documentation required by CACREP and Texas State Bords of Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists
- Maintain program testing database
- Maintain and organize CACREP files
- Coordinate advisory committee meetings and other departmental events (graduation ceremonies)
- Purchase departmental equipment and supplies
- Assist in credit card expense reports, including organizing departmental bills
- Submit Practicum insurance
- Communicate with support staff concerning building repairs/technology and scheduling
- Maintain Zoom training schedules
- Maintain social media for the department
- Assist Department Chair in maintaining and collecting departmental program assessments
- Assist Program Coordinators in submitting program assessments
- Assist advisors in providing students with course scheduling information
- Assist CMHC Clinical Director in maintaining clinical experience information and files
- Assist advisors by emailing various student groups on various announcements
- Maintain the booklist and assisting to place book orders
- Assist in organizing summer residencies
- Assist with special projects as needed and other duties as assigned
- Knowledge or Microsoft office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to help students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner.
- Bilingual preferred; but not required.
- Knowledge of higher education academic requirements and financial issues.
- Strong ability to multitask and problem solve.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is essential.
- Ability to drive.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Be ambulatory around campus and in buildings.
- Required to regularly sit and stand.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail and picking up small objects.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 25+lbs.