Functional Title: Admissions Officer
Classification: Salary position - exempt
Division: Enrollment Management
Reports To: Vice President for Enrollment Management
Primary Function: Plan and direct documentation material efforts
- Determine eligibility status of applicants.
- Confirm import and process of application information into Campus Nexus.
- Train and supervise a student worker(s).
- Assist with inquiry coding and inputting.
- Determine documentation required for applicants to become “complete,” mail the requirements to the individuals in a “lack letter.”
- Checking for data entry accuracy and keeping duplicate records to a minimum.
- Perform maintenance and administrative functions to
Campus Nexus as needed and working with the IT Department when Campus Nexus is upgraded and with problem resolution.
- Serve as the Admissions Set Flow Administrator for Campus Nexus.
- Maintain historical files on applicants.
- Organize admissions committee documentation for appeals.
- Provide reports to the Admissions Office personnel when needed
- Perform data cleanup and analysis ongoing.
- Have excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office programs and database management experience.
- Provide a meticulous level of review on all admissions documentation to ensure necessary qualifications are met by all applicants.
- Working knowledge of an office environment, policies and procedures. Knowledge of basic math.
- Working knowledge of computers, databases, and the use of a CRM. Knowledge of the admission lifecycle, processes, requirements, Campus Nexus, and familiarity with financial aid and social media desired.
- Be a team player who looks for ways to continuously improve the department effectiveness.
- Effectively organize and handle multiple priorities in a busy environment, to meet established deadlines.
- Communicate effectively, and in the spirit of remarkable service, with the College community, internal and external constituents.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Effectively monitor and train student workers.
- Three to five years administrative experience, in an educational institution and related to admission.
- Have a thorough knowledge of admissions criteria and financial aid procedures.
- Work closely with other university personnel to ensure acceptance of the best quality students.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to help students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner.
- Strong ability to multitask and problem solve.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong typing skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Must be ambulatory around campus and in buildings.
- Required to regularly sit and stand.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail and picking up small objects.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 25+lbs.