Functional Title: Assistant Data Processor and Office Manager
Classification: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Department: University Advancement
Reports To: VP University Advancement
Primary Function: Provide data entry and support for University Advancement on behalf of alumni relations, university relations, development, and other areas as needed.
- Enters data into university advancement software according to prescribed standards established by the university.
- Performs quality review of information prior to it getting entered or imported into the university advancement system.
- Manage and perform scheduled data import processes as needed from various data sources.
- Performs quality review of information entered and identifies and corrects data entry errors as needed.
- Ability to perform data queries as requested by the database manager.
- Create or run reports, and other various data outputs as prescribed by the needs of the university.
- Coordinates with database manager regularly on other database maintenance projects as needed.
- Manage office operations and provide clerical and administrative support to the VP of Advancement, Advancement staff, and Alumni staff.
- Stewardship of alumni, donors, and friends of the University
- Become a technical and knowledgeable resource of the university advancement software.
- Become knowledgeable of the university advancement processes and procedures.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality, sensitivity, and security of all advancement related data files at all times.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in Microsoft Office products (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) for various uses
- Have a general understanding of databases
- Outstanding quality in data entry
- Professional attitude and appearance is necessary
- Ability to stay on task and complete tasks timely
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is essential.
- Strong ability to multitask and problem solve.
- Strong organizational skills for electronic and physical files
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Read, understand, and consistently apply and adhere to LCU policies and University Advancement department procedures
Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred; Advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Be ambulatory around campus and in buildings.
- Required to regularly sit and stand.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail and picking up small objects.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 50+lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required. LCU reserves the right to revise or change job duties, required skills or qualifications as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.