Functional Title: Assistant/Associate Director of Athletics for External Relations
Reports To: Director of Athletics
Primary Function: Direct, develop, and oversee the institution’s fundraising and marketing programs
- Supervises and coordinates all external aspects of the athletics department (advancement, sponsorships, ticket sales, marketing, etc.)
- Identifies and cultivates alumni, supporters, and friends that may have an interest in supporting LCU Athletics and student-athletes
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards leadership annual giving in collaboration with the Vice-President for University Advancement and Director of Athletics
- Works with Director of Athletics, and head coaches to determine funding priorities
- Enhances and solicits funds through ChapNation, the athletics booster club
- Builds, maintains, and strengthens positive relationships with individuals within and external to, the University community
- Create/organize annual fundraising events for athletics (e.g., golf tournament, auction, etc.)
- Responsible for achieving performance goals, as outlined by the Director of Athletics, Vice-President for Advancement, and/or the President.
- Coordinate all in-game promotional activities
- Regularly attends and participates in university-wide functions
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Commitment to the institution’s mission and vision
- Strong managerial and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with students, faculty, staff, and external constituents in a professional manner
- Strong ability to multitask and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Proficiency in a variety of computer applications
- Willingness to undertake innovative approaches
- Ability to develop positive relationships with a diverse student and staff population
- Ability to perform well under stressful conditions
- Ability to listen critically
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Multiple years of experience working within athletics in a 4-year collegiate environment
- Previous fundraising experience: within higher education preferred
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Be ambulatory around campus and in buildings.
- Required to regularly sit and stand.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail, and picking up small objects.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 50+lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required. LCU reserves the right to revise or change job duties, required skills or qualifications as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.