Functional Title: Data Analyst
Classification: Full Time/ Exempt
Department: Technology Services
Reports To: CIO
Primary Function: The Data Analyst position is to ensure our collective technology systems framework operates properly to support data needs of the LCU community.
This position will influence the design and delivery of the structure of our technology services systems, identify data storage statuses, facilitate best practices toward data security, and apply policies and procedures to data oversight and governance. The position will work with others to ensure the proper architecture is implemented, maintained, and reported.
In this role, you should be an excellent communicator who is able to translate complex requirements into functional architecture. The clients utilizing services will be from across the full range of the institutional landscape. Experience on software administration and cloud services along with data and system integrations will be part of the ever-evolving duties highlighting the ability to manage complex programs.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure ‘big data’ technologies.
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Research and properly evaluate sources of information to determine possible limitations in reliability or usability.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Ability to assist community members, students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner.
- Strong ability to multitask and problem solve.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is essential.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Experience and qualifications will influence beginning compensation.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Be ambulatory around campus and in buildings.
- Required to regularly sit and stand.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail and picking up small objects.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 25+lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required. LCU reserves the right to revise or change job duties, required skills or qualifications as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.