Functional Title: Director of Admissions
Classification: Salary - Exempt
Division: Enrollment Management
Reports To: Vice President for Enrollment Management
Primary Function: Leads and manages the Admission office, including high school and community relations, undergraduate freshmen recruitment, campus visit program, and office operations.
- Provide leadership, management, and support for the recruitment efforts of Admissions Office, and develop a competent, productive and effective staff by hiring, orienting, training and supervising, directly and through delegation, the administrative, professional, student and clerical support personnel.
- Monitor admissions activities and processes through analysis from key performance indicators (visits, calls, emails, texts, school visits, college fairs, church visits, etc.) on a weekly basis and proactively redirect employee, if necessary.
- Development of an inquiry pool by use of student search services, college fairs, high school visits, youth ministers, and cultivating relationships with LCU campus and camp visitors.
- Effectively administer the prospective student CRM by developing a working knowledge of the system, ensuring that emails and marketing flyers are effective, accurate, and engaging for prospective students.
- Create, monitor, and evaluate the effectiveness of new student communications plan, including print and electronic publications, website, and social media.
- Develop data-driven recruitment strategies by effectively utilizing data from a variety of sources to evaluate student characteristics and trends, making recommendations to the VP of Enrollment of potential opportunities for advancement and/or efficiency.
- Lead teams in facilitating on-campus and off-campus recruiting events.
- Effectively manage fiscal resources to accomplish enrollment objectives.
- Facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds, expanding LCU’s capacity to recruit diverse and under-represented student populations.
- Ensure competence through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses and conferences.
- Contribute to the overall success of Admissions and Enrollment Management by advising and assisting the VP of Enrollment Management in all aspects relating to the recruitment and admission of students, as well as effectiveness of policies and procedures, by performing all other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in business, sales, management
- Ability to understand and use CRM effectively in a management capacity
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistics and data
- Ability to foster a supportive, open, collaborative working environment with a bias for action and winning
- Proactively identify and solve problems as they arise
- Ability to enthusiastically manage multiple tasks and priorities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to help students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner.
- Bilingual preferred; but not required.
- Knowledge of higher education academic requirements and financial issues.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is essential.
- Ability to drive.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Be ambulatory around campus and in buildings.
- Required to regularly sit and stand.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail and picking up small objects.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 25+lbs.