Functional Title: Frontend Web Developer
Classification: Salary - Exempt
Division: University Relations
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Primary Function: Create a stunning and engaging user experience. Designing, Developing, and implementing responsive web pages that optimize the user experience across multiple devices and platforms.
- Collaborate with designers, back-end developers, and stakeholders to implement web projects from conception to completion.
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility and accessibility of web pages.
- Write clean, maintainable, and reusable code.
- Optimize web pages for speed and performance.
- Continuously stay up to date with emerging front-end technologies and techniques
- Troubleshoot and debug code issues.
- Conduct code reviews and participate in university marketing team meetings.
- Ensure high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency in all web projects.
- Review analytic data to find areas of improvement.
- Assist with front-facing content updates.
- Experience with responsive design and cross-browser compatibility
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Front-end development frameworks and libraries such as React, Vue, or jQuery.
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Git
- Knowledge of PHP
- Familiar with Visual Studio Code
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Web Development, or a related field, or at least 3 years of experience in front-end web development.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Be ambulatory around campus and in buildings.
- Required to regularly sit and stand.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail, and picking up small objects.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 25+lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required. LCU reserves the right to revise or change job duties, required skills or qualifications as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.