Functional Title: Graduate Recruiter
Classification: Hourly – Non-Exempt
Department: Enrollment Management
Reports To: VP Enrollment Management
Primary Function: Recruit academically qualified new graduate students to enroll in LCU’s graduate programs.
Major Duties: Primarily performs non-manual work directly related to recruiting qualified students to enroll in grad programs. Recruiting and supporting students is a matter of significance to the university and the position requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment. The graduate recruiter will exercise control and assume responsibility to establish successful recruiting relationships with prospective students, represent the university and programs, and guide them through steps necessary for successful admission and enrollment.
- Identify ideal student demographic for each program and strategy to find students.
- Host Information Sessions for each program that includes a compelling sales presentation, highlighting the value of the degree at LCU, and coordinate efforts with the faculty and support staff.
- Meet or exceed recruiting goals for each program.
- Personally meet with, call, text or email each inquiry within 24 hours of contact and continue activity until student is enrolled or withdraws.
- Manage student data and communicate through our CRM, Spectrum EMP, including the design and implementation of recruiting campaigns
- Guide each prospective student regarding future academic possibilities and degree requirements.
- Receive phone inquiries from prospects, answer questions, and provide advice to help prospects successfully complete the admissions and financial assistance process.
- Monitor and grow application count for graduate programs through personal attention and innovative recruiting techniques – EMP system.
- Directly work with new students to help them make contact with their academic advisor.
- Set up face-to-face and zoom interviews for applicants.
- Coordinate with the director of graduate admissions to make sure student files are processed by financial aid and the registrar’s office in a timely manner.
- Work with MarCom to implement marketing strategies for the graduate programs to improve recruiting.
- Make recommendations about the graduate departmental website to improve recruiting.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Graduate Recruiter must:
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of admissions criteria, academic policies, fields of study offered by the Department of Psychology and Counseling, degree requirements, and financial assistance procedures.
- Demonstrate academic and financial knowledge sufficient to advise students and prospective students especially with respect to the academic requirements.
- Accomplish the mission through proactive constructive teamwork.
- Maintain conduct consistent with Christian values and the values of the university.
- Work with other university personnel to ensure that overall enrollment goals are met.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to help students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of student learning management system
- Knowledge of student recruiting software
- Ability to learn software quickly to assist with recruiting
- Ability to design online recruiting campaigns.
- Strong ability to multitask and problem solve.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is essential.
- Ability to drive.
- Travel as necessary to attend special events and college fairs.
- Evening and weekend work required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Be ambulatory around campus and in buildings.
- Regularly required to sit and stand sporadically.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such distributing mail and picking up small objects.
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 50+lbs.
Please submit a resume to Human Resources to accompany your application.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required. LCU reserves the right to revise or change job duties, required skills or qualifications as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.