Functional Title: Infrastructure Specialist
Classification: Hourly position - exempt
Division: Technological Advancement
Reports To: CTO
Primary Function: Sets up, configures, and supports classroom and university A/V equipment. Assists with the operation of the campus networks, with an emphasis on physical infrastructure installation and maintenance.
Essential Functions: Installs and maintains the physical network infrastructure, classroom and university A/V equipment and the hardware side of the university printing systems. The infrastructure specialist provides technical support and guidance to users. This person is familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This person performs a variety of tasks. May provide consultation on complex projects.
- Provides technical support and guidance to users
- Assists in install and maintenance of classroom A/V equipment
- Assists in management and completion of new construction projects
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs a variety of tasks related to campus based technology
- May provide consultation on complex projects
- The infrastructure specialist performs a variety of technological tasks with a certain degree of creativity and latitude within the established guidelines and mission of the university
- Works with and guides student worker assistants on some assigned projects
- Perform the day-to-day operations of the supporting university needs related to technology network needs
- Adhere to, and influence the development, implementation, and/or review of all policies and procedures pertaining to the best practices of the LCU technology department
- Assist in the assessment functions of the LCU network on campus
- Assist in accreditation and other governance processes pertaining to the LCU community
- Comply in the budgeting and resource allocation processes pertaining to the LCU technology department
- Assists with the development and maintenance of all systems, applications, security, and network configurations
- Troubleshoots network performance issues and works with the administrators to create and maintain a disaster recovery plan
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of the general principles and practices pertaining to technological applications in a higher education setting and specifically the LCU community.
- Knowledge of the principles, standards, requirements, and best practices of accrediting bodies
- Knowledge of university policies pertaining to data and electronic communication
- Knowledge of the general principles and practices of leading and interacting with people
- Knowledge of the general principles and practices of participating in strategic planning
- Knowledge of the general principles and practices of compliance issues related to budgeting and resource allocation
- Skill in utilizing appropriate electronic and other technological applications
- Skill in decision-making, problem solving, and establishing priorities
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective work relationships and processes
- Skill in resource management and allocation
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following;
- Be ambulatory around campus and in buildings
- Required to regularly sit and stand
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail and picking up small objects
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Required to lift packages and/or other objects up to 50 pounds
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, kneel and crawl
- Frequently required to use ladders, scaffolds, etc.
- Use power and manual hand tools
Education and Experience:
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or two (2) years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is directly related to the specified duties and responsibilities gained through increasingly responsible positions within technology services.