Functional Title: Intramural Coordinator
Organization: Lubbock Christian University
Division: Recreational Life
Department: Student Life
Reports to: Director of Recreational Life
Job Hours: Afternoons, evenings, and occasional weekends, depending on programming, facility, and staffing needs.
Primary Functions: Oversee intramural programs including staffing, scheduling, and game nights. Promote community and engagement through intramural programs and weekend tournaments.
The Intramural Coordinator will:
- Provide oversight and leadership for the Intramural Programs.
- Schedule referees, game nights, and meetings for all sports in the intramural program.
- Coordinate referee trainings for each sport in the intramural program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
The Intramural Coordinator must:
- be a team player that proactively looks for ways to continuously improve intramurals and campus community through RecLife programs.
- be willing to receive constructive feedback to improve service.
- demonstrate good work ethic.
- possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- have working knowledge of and work with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and program specific software.
- be able to work varying and unusual hours as necessary.
- possess outstanding supervision, communication, and interpersonal skills, and have the ability to work positively and professionally with community and college members.
- provide clear communication and effectively manage conflict.
- possess and demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- possess and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- possess managerial skills.
- accomplish the mission through proactive, constructive teamwork.
- obtain and provide continuing education for certifications in related supervisory areas.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Physical Education, Kinesiology or related field preferred.
- One (1) year entry level supervisory experience in recreational center or related profession preferred.
- Currently possess CPR/AED and First Aid trainer certification or be willing to become a certified trainer within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to lift 45 pounds regularly and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Physical strength in back, arms and legs to be able to sweep and carry items.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, stretch, and reach on a regular basis.
- Must be able to project clear instructions vocally.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to work outdoors and indoors in air conditioning and non-air-conditioned environments; including but not limited to outdoor wind, heat, and cold.