Functional Title: Office Manager
Classification: Part Time - Hourly
Department: University Advancement
Reports To: Vice President of Advancement
Primary Function: Complete administrative duties as required by the Vice-President of University Advancement
- Maintain office calendar; answer emails, return phone calls.
- Organize and prepare documents, presentations, and workflow for office.
- Maintain University Advancement Office functions and keep staff organized.
- Complete credit card processing, Purchase Orders, and other office budgetary needs
- Help with office related events, both internal and external
- Prepare for all office meetings.
- Quality data input and record keeping within software of donor related information.
- Be knowledgeable and efficient in use of office software.
- Work with database manager to ensure quality information is stored within software.
- Assists with maintenance of database.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality and security of all office related data files at all times.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to help students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is essential.
- Experience in Microsoft Office products (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) for mail merge and other uses
- Outstanding quality in data entry
- Quality work is expected each day.
- Professional attitude and appearance are necessary.
- Ability to navigate efficiently and effectively the office software.
- Knowledgeable with processes in donation input and reporting
- Possession of strong organizational skills for electronic and physical files
- Work as a team with personnel in department and on campus
- Express ideas and information effectively
- Proficiency in managing multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines.
- Read, understand, and consistently apply and adhere to LCU policies and University Advancement department procedures.
Education and Experience:
Some college education or bachelor's degree or two years or relevant experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Be ambulatory around campus and in buildings.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail, and picking up small objects.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 25+lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required. LCU reserves the right to revise or change job duties, required skills or qualifications as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.