Functional Title: Administrative Assistant – Part Time
Classification: Hourly - Non-Exempt Hourly
Department: Office of the President
Reports To: President
Primary Function: Provide broad administrative support for the Executive Office
- Meet, greet, and direct all appointments/visitors to appropriate offices.
- Create a professional, yet “approachable” atmosphere.
- Manage phone and mail for the office.
- Purchase and stock office supplies for the office, including water, stationery, and cards.
- Filing (detail and accuracy required).
- Annual inventory of office furnishings.
- Subscriptions and renewals.
- Maintain copier paper, toner, and work orders when needed.
- Maintain scheduling of the Betty Hancock Parlor and report reservations for What’s Happening.
- Print certificates for 4.0 students and presidential inaugurations.
- Input purchase order requests.
- Input work orders (technology, maintenance, custodial).
- Assist with event planning as needed (i.e., Commencement, Employee Appreciation Dinner, Christmas party).
- Interact with other departments on campus (including, but not limited to, Dining Services, Events, Marketing & Communications, and Advancement).
- Reconcile credit card reports.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be dependable and self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented in order to accurately execute many tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of time management principles needed to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to help students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner.
- Ability to effectively organize information, events, and resources.
- Skill in effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality on all matters related to the Office of the President and Board of Trustees is essential.
- Excellent public relations skills are required.
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- This position is accountable to the President and is supervised by the Executive Assistant to the President.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Be ambulatory around campus and in buildings.
- Required to regularly sit and stand.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail and picking up small objects.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately and clearly.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 25+lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required. LCU reserves the right to revise or change job duties, required skills or qualifications as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.