Functional Title: Library Technologist; Serials Assistant
Classification: Hourly – Non-exempt
Status: Staff (20 hours a week part time; no benefits)
Department: University Library
Reports To: Electronic Resources Librarian/Director, University Library
Primary Function: Provides reliable and responsive assistance in use of library technology to patrons and staff.
Essential Functions: Provides technology support to library staff; assists with maintaining library website; generates reports and statistics.
- Participate in updating and maintenance of the library website
- Work closely with professional librarians to deliver online library services
- Assist in maintenance of electronic resources (web access, library OPAC, eBooks) under the guidance of the Electronic Resources Librarian
- Generate reports from the library automation system and library website
- Assist in staff training on the use of electronic resources
- Provide coverage for the circulation desk as needed
- Attend appropriate meetings, workshops, and webinars
- Assist with maintaining serials in the library catalog as part of the serials team
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively and easily communicate technical topics to novices
- Ability to work and communicate with library management and staff in a team environment
- Ability to learn new and emerging technologies
- Ability to help students, faculty and staff in a professional manner.
- Web development skills strongly desired
Education and Experience:
- Some college coursework, Bachelor’s degree in a computer related program preferred
- Some professional experience working with the public, publishing software and web design
- Able to lift and carry materials up to 50 lbs
- Possible exposure to dust, fumes, mechanical and electrical hazards
- Able to climb multiple flights of stairs and stand on step-stools/ladders
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required. LCU reserves the right to revise or change job duties, required skills or qualifications as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.