Functional Title: Programs Accreditation Coordinator
Classification: Hourly – Non-exempt (Part-Time)
Division: B. Ward Lane College of Professional Studies
Reports To: Nursing Department Director Team
- Assist in the preparation of required materials for the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) Reaccreditation of the nursing programs (BSN and Graduate)
- Enter data and prepare comparative graphs and narratives from department specific required evaluation tools including but not limited to end of course evaluations, program completion surveys, alumni surveys, and employers’ surveys. This includes surveys from all RN/BSN and MSN courses, alumni and employers.
- Ongoing collection of evaluation data for reaccreditation of all nursing programs.
- Gathers & assimilates evaluation and accreditation materials (course evaluations every semester, program evaluation as students exit, post-graduate 1-year and 5-year surveys, alumni surveys, preceptor surveys, employer surveys).
- Compiles and graphs quantitative and qualitative data.
- Prepare tables and figures as directed for the self-study report.
- Secure materials from various departments on campus for the reaccreditation.
- Self-study report including data in preparation for the site surveyors on campus visit.
- Prepare correspondence for meetings and events surrounding reaccreditation.
- Record minutes at selected faculty and evaluation meetings.
- Maintain an accurate mailing list of all alumni, employers, Advisory Council members, and interested community members as required for reaccreditation.
- Assist in preparations of special events such as Advisory Council meetings.
- Coordinate Nursing Department Pinning Ceremony with Administrative Assistant.
- Week of Spring Graduation, Summer Pinning and week of Fall Graduation
- Contact students (email and phone) to gather data.
- Statistics (entering and exiting students, including attrition).
- Gathers and records financial and document information for the Global Culture Health courses on location in a variety of countries.
- Coordinates and assists with student and faculty travel.
- Supervise student workers in the department.
- Assist with nursing recruitment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to help students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Strong ability to problem solve.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is essential.
- Experience in Microsoft office programs (Word and Excel).
- Ability to handle stress of multiple tasks and deadlines.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Previous experience preferred.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Be ambulatory around campus and in buildings.
- Required to regularly sit and stand.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail and picking up small objects.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects,25+lbs.