Availability: Jun. 9, 2021 - Sep. 9, 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Business Personal Property Appraisal Coordinator, performs office and field work associated with the appraisal of business personal property by area or use type within the boundaries of the Lubbock Central Appraisal District (LCAD).
EXAMPLES OF RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Appraises taxable personal property using generally accepted appraisal techniques in order to arrive at market value.
2. Discovers and establishes new personal property accounts using a variety of techniques.
3. Conducts personal inspections to determine correct physical, functional, and economic characteristics of taxable personal property.
4. Prepares records for data entry and ensures that the proper value is placed on each account; proofs all work after entry for any errors.
5. Inspects mobile home parks to verify existing mobile home information and to discover new accounts.
6. Assists in research and analysis to determine which areas of the county require reappraisal.
7. Reviews renditions of personal property accounts and applies the proper classification to assets and depreciation percentage using current condition tables.
8. Processes a variety of exemption applications and ensures that the exemption is valid and that all data is entered in the computer correctly.
9. Performs an on-site inspection of businesses which fail to file a rendition to obtain the correct square footage, quality, and density of assets and inventory and determines market value.
10. Ensures businesses are removed from the appraisal roll once they have ceased operation.
11. Assists business owners who have questions concerning value, appraisal methods, and other matters of information or concern.
12. Testifies before the Appraisal Review Board.
13. Regular attendance and punctuality.
Overtime will be required.
14. Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications – Graduate of an accredited four year college or university and/or appraisal experience. Applicant must be able to successfully complete the requirements for the Registered Professional Appraiser (RPA) designation with Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. A valid Texas driver’s license with a verifiable driving record is required. Subject to background check and drug test.
Preferred Qualifications – RPA certification, college degree in related field, mass or fee appraisal or additional years of real estate experience or hands-on business experience. Applicant must possess knowledge of and experience with various Microsoft Office products along with excellent written and oral communication skills. (An equivalent of related education, training and experience may also be considered).
Compensation – Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
Application - Please submit application, resume and letter of application to:
Lubbock Central Appraisal District
Attn: Margie Smith
P.O. Box 10542
2109 Avenue Q
Lubbock, Texas 79408
Organization: Lubbock Central Apparaisal District
Organization Description: LCAD determines the property value for the citizens in Lubbock County.
Organization Location: Lubbock, TX
Name: Margie Smith
Address: 2109 Avenue Q
P.O. Box 10542
Lubbock, TX 79411