Availability: Sep 29, 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: Summary: The Development Coordinator supports the Development team in creating and implementing all fundraising efforts and special events. This position assists in all public relation matters, including interviews, appearances, tours, and presentations, as well as serves as a liaison to our McDonald’s partners.
Reports to: Director of Development
1. Participate in staff meetings and communicate relevant information.
2. Work as a team member with all staff at RMHCSW, treating fellow staff members with respect and sensitivity to the requirements of their jobs.
3. Exhibit passion for the RMHC mission.
4. Work with families of critically ill children in a compassionate and optimistic manner.
5. Respect diverse cultures and work and interact with all types of people.
6. Execute other responsibilities as requested.
1. Facilitate all aspects of the annual Development Department strategy and plan.
2. Coordinate and assist the team to manage and execute major RMHC signature events, including oversight of event committee meetings, supporting needs of committee members, creating, and managing event budgets, setting, and managing timelines and milestone dates, and updating development calendar.
3. Identify, solicit, and follow-up with prospective sponsors to secure financial and in-kind donations for RMHC special events. Steward existing RMHC event sponsors and support committee members to do the same.
4. Collaborate with appropriate staff in maintaining database information for event sponsors and attendees.
5. Maintain files for each major special event. Coordinate and assist in compiling and organizing chronologically all collateral pieces, reports, and summaries of events.
6. Conduct post-event analysis, identify, and execute on any follow-up action steps, including accounts receivable pending.
7. Manage and coordinate third party events.
8. Work with retained, contract, and vendor professionals to ensure the development plan stays on target.
9. Write thank you notes to event and project sponsors, donors, and associates using creative and excellent methods that stand out.
10. Serve as a liaison with our McDonald’s owners and teams, focusing on building and maintaining strong communication and relationships. Oversee McDonald’s fundraising efforts related to the store donation canisters, Happy Meal funds, Round-Up funds, and all national fundraisers.
11. Support the Development Director in establishing corporate donor partnerships.
12. Support, measure, and attend signature events including, but not limited to:
a. Red Shoe Shindig & Red Shoe Crew events
b. Annual Golf Tournament
c. Quarterback S.A.C.K. and related events
d. Adopt-a-Room Sponsor Fulfillment
13. Assist with events and fundraisers as needed
14. Administrative duties including, but not limited to:
a. Answer telephone.
b. Maintain collateral inventories and organize packets for various projects
c. Coordinate internal calendars for Development Department – keep up with deadlines
d. Collect materials for ongoing notebooks and reports and help with presentations
e. Assist Development Team and Director in daily procedures and projects including, but not limited to:
i. Maintain records such as receipts, forms, and data for events
ii. Handle internal processes and procedures as needed such as reports and database
15. Present to the community via all forms of media and give tours of the House and hospital Family Rooms on an as needed basis.
16. Manage the Boxes of Love campaign.
17. Support/Attend radio and television interviews.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, cell phones, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to move about by any means; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Special consideration may be taken to adjust for persons with special needs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Salary
This is a full-time position, non-exempt position with a starting salary range of $37,000-$41,000. Hours of duty may vary to meet the needs of donors, guests, and volunteers. Salary is competitive and negotiable.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Organization: Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Southwest, Inc.
Organization Location: Lubbock, Texas
Name: Julie Barron Wells
Address: 3413 10th st.
Lubbock, Texas 79415