Availability: Mar 23, 2022 - May 31, 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: Support the school in its stated mission to nurture students in a Christ-centered academic environment that emphasizes excellence and inspires students to develop their individual God-given talents for lives of Christian leadership and service. The teacher will meet and exceed appropriate state and national standards for the subject and grade level.
· Develop and implement informative and engaging lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the school’s curriculum program and reflect differentiation in student learning styles and abilities
· Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials and technology to engage students and increase understanding of the subject matter
· Integrate Biblical Christian perspective into curriculum and instruction while continuously serving as an example and positive role model for students
· Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for spiritual, physical and social development of students
· Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress including formative and summative data. Work with parents to improve student progress and address disciplinary issues.
· Work cooperatively with vertical team teachers to determine instructional goals, objectives and methods for student achievement.
· Support and promote the mission and core beliefs of BCS
· Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS:
· Must have a Bachelor’s degree in education or subject related field
· Must have a valid teacher certification or ability to obtain within one year of hire.
· Prefer 1-3 years teaching experience in the specific subject matter
· Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and various educational software programs
· Excellent planning, attention to detail and organizational skills
· Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
· Must be able to sit/stand for extended periods of time
Organization: Brentwood Christian School
About the Organization: Brentwood Christian is a family-friendly school, focused on readying its students for advanced education and successful, Christian lives of leadership and service. The school is, and has been for more than 50 years, a place where Austin-area families can turn for a quality education that includes and prioritizes the instilling of traditional Christian values and the fostering of a love for God in its students.
Organization Location: Austin, Texas
Name: Tori Penland
Address: 11908 N Lamar Blvd
Austin, Texas, 78753