Availability: Jun. 9, 2021 - Sep. 9, 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: GENERAL RESPONSIBILTIES
Under the supervision of the Commercial Coordinator. Office and field work associated with the mass appraisal of real property by area or use type within the boundaries of Lubbock Central Appraisal District (LCAD).
EXAMPLES OF RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Gathers and verifies data of real property (LAND) including but not limited to, physically inspecting, measuring and noting intended use.
2. Conducts ratio studies and other projects to assist in the determination of reappraisal needs.
3. Uses photography to analyze and compare property characteristics between digital imagery and property record data.
4. Gathers and verifies data used in productivity calculations.
5. Reviews and makes determination for Ag applications, residential inventory and change of use.
6. Assist in the preparation of the Ag budget.
7. Assist property owners who have questions concerning value, appraisal methods and other matters of information or concern.
8. Purges the roll of property no longer taxable in Lubbock County.
9. Prepares evidence and testifies before the Appraisal Review Board.
10. Performs other duties as required.
11. Regular attendance and punctuality. Overtime will be required.
Minimum Qualifications – Graduate of an accredited four year college or university. Applicant must be able to successfully complete the requirements for the RPA designation with the TDLR. A valid driver's license with a verifiable driving record is required. Subject to background check and drug test.
Preferred Qualifications – RPA certification, college degree in related field, mass or fee appraisal or additional years of rural property experience. Advanced knowledge of area agriculture desired. Applicant must possess knowledge of and experience with various Microsoft Office products along with excellent written and oral communication skills. (An equivalent of related education, training and experience may also be considered).
Application - Please submit application, resume and letter of application to:
Lubbock Central Appraisal District
Attn: Margie Smith
P.O. Box 10542
2109 Avenue Q
Lubbock, Texas 79408
Organization: Lubbock Central Apparaisal District
Organization Description: LCAD determines the property value for the citizens in Lubbock County.
Organization Location: Lubbock, TX
Name: Margie Smith
Address: 2109 Avenue Q
P.O. Box 10542
Lubbock, TX 79411