Availability: Jun 22, 2022 - Aug 22, 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Specific Teaching Role:
● This is a full time position in the Lower School to encompass all core curricular subjects
in a self-contained academic setting.
● Teach assigned classes effectively, resulting in students that learn the skills and have the
knowledge of the content of curriculum.
● Train students and maintain a classroom whose culture and discipline reflect
Christ’s--resulting in students who are disciples of Jesus Christ.
● Demonstrate Christ-like behavior and professional conduct resulting in students who
can emulate their behaviors, attitudes, and work ethic by:
● Create a classroom environment that inspires learning.
● Use effective teaching methodology resulting in students that effectively are prepared for
● Teachers work in a classroom environment, but also oversee students during recess and
● Teaching responsibilities are from mid-August through the first week of June.
● Contracts run from August 1 - July 31.
● Time during school hours and beyond are expected.
● Specific reporting and events are outlined in the teaching contract.
● Be a committed Christian living in accordance with biblical standards.
● Adhere to Oakdale Academy policies and statements.
● Live in accordance with the Oakdale Academy Statement of Faith.
● Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
● Teaching experience.
● Classical training.
Organization: Oakdale Academy
About the Organization: Mores ~ Veritas ~ Sapientia
Character. Truth. Wisdom.
These are the pillars of Oakdale Academy. These foundational pillars are constantly reinforced in the classroom, in performances and sporting competitions and with the partnership of our parents at home.
Our Mission Statement: The Mission of Oakdale Academy is to instill Character, Truth, and Wisdom in our students in order to prepare them for a life of service to God, family, community and country through classical Christian education.
Our school motto is “Rigor with Joy.” We encourage all students to pursue their academics in a spirit of “Rigor with Joy,” as excellence does not come easily. The reward of hard work is a deep satisfaction that comes from knowing we have done all that we can with all that we have, to the glory of the Almighty God.
Organization Location: Waterford, Michigan
Name: David Stanton
Address: 3200 Beacham Drive
Waterford, Michigan 48329