Availability: Jul. 13, 2021 - Sep. 30, 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
The News Anchor serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
• Additional Job Description
Additional Job Description
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Produces newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
• Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Edits video clips as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Job Requirements: • Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Minimum five years’ experience in news reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
• Superior on-air presence.
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
About the Organization: Television Broadcasting
Organization Location: Odessa, Texas