Availability: Oct 17, 2022 - Apr 28, 2023
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Description: Camp Ozark is a Christian sports and adventure camp for kids ages 6-17. We hire over 800 staff members from across the country every year to spend a portion or all of their summer serving as cabin counselors, lake crew members, instructor specialists, retail services assistants, office assistants, and many more positions! Our mission is to provide an incomparable camp environment and experience for kids through a commitment to excellence in all that we do while seeking to establish and deepen relationships with Jesus Christ!
We've had a number of students from Lubbock Christian come throughout the summer to serve, and we believe this is an incredible opportunity to pour into kids while pouring into yourself. Camp Ozark hosts quick 20-30 minute noncommittal interviews to begin the application process. To sign up for an interview, check out our website to see when we'll be on campus next, text Jake at (865)-386-0856, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information! Looking forward to meeting you this year!
Qualifications of Camp Ozark staff members include, but are not limited to the following:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have completed one year of college or its equivalent.
- Be eligible to work in the US.
- Share the Christian faith, beliefs, values and principles of Camp Ozark, including belief in the truth of the Bible and salvation through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Love for kids.
- Be a positive, upbeat, Christian role model.
Hearing and visual capacity, and strength, agility and stamina, to supervise and actively participate safely in a range of fast-paced sports and recreational activities with children.
- Must lift and move heavy equipment and objects weighing 25-50 pounds.
Must withstand summer heat and humidity, and inclement weather, including outdoor sports and other activities and residence in un-air conditioned living quarters.
- Must live and work in remote areas, rustic facilities, and on rough terrain for extended periods with little or no access to food or medical attention.
- Sense of responsibility and accountability needed to lead and hold others to compliance with camp rules and procedures.
- Due to the fast-paced schedule; sensory stimulating dining hall experience, and emotionally and physically demanding role of a summer staff member, If a medical condition(s) exists, the staff member must be capable of performing all essential functions listed above and capable of"self-management" of his or her own condition
Organization: Camp Ozark
About the Organization: Camp Ozark is a Christian sports and adventure camp for kids ages 6-17. Our mission is to provide an incomparable camp environment and experience for kids through a commitment to excellence in all that we do while seeking to establish and deepen relationships with Jesus Christ!
Organization Location: Mt. Ida, Arkansas
Name: Jake Rice
Address: 155 Camp Ozark Drive
Mt. Ida, Arkansas, 71957