Availability: Sep. 1, 2021 - Oct. 1, 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: Position Description:
The Staff Clinician III will provide individual, family and group therapy in Lubbock and the surrounding area. This is a home-based position, and most services will be provided in community-based locations (center, school, clinics, etc.). The Staff Clinician will assess, diagnose, and provide therapeutic interventions for DePelchin’s foster care clients and families assigned area. This person must be able to manage time and work demands well, balancing the needs of clients, staff, and organization; communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; work collaboratively with fellow staff and referral sources; and be able to deal with problems of moderate complexity that require an above average level of problem-solving ability.
• Provide individual, family and group therapy per diagnostic assessment and individualized treatment plan, utilizing accepted clinical procedures and demonstrating an understanding of family systems, human growth and development, and group dynamics concepts.
• Coordinate treatment by consulting and collaborating with referral sources, teachers, school counselors and other professionals involved with the client.
• Maintain accurate and timely client records, per policies and procedures, for all assigned clients.
• Meet productivity expectations by maintaining assigned caseload and managing schedule to meet appropriate timeliness.
• Follow all department and program policies and procedures; comply with COA (Council on Accreditation) standards.
• Actively participate in the identification, communication, and resolution of problems, working together with peers, supervisors, and administrative staff to ensure quality, well-managed services.
• Utilize trauma informed treatment practice in screening, assessment, and treatment planning for clients positive for trauma.
• Utilize evidence based and best practices in client treatment.
Job Requirements: Experience/Skills Required:
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field.
• LCSW, LPC, or LMFT required.
• Must be able to obtain certifications for all therapeutic interventions identified in the mental health program within the first six months of employment or as soon as possible.
• Two (2) years post graduate experience providing assessments and treatment of children, adolescents, and families.
Experience with the following treatment modalities preferred:
• Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
• Family Therapy
• Parent-Child Psychotherapy and Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
• Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI)
• Trauma and Grief Component Therapy for Adolescents
• Motivational Interviewing
• Yes. Must have reliable transportation.
• Must have a valid Texas driver license.
Organization: DePelchin Children's Center
About the Organization: DePelchin Children’s Center believes that every child deserves to be safe and healthy. An accredited foster care and adoption agency, DePelchin serves the most vulnerable children and families in Texas and works to break the cycles of abuse and neglect. Our approach to caring for children integrates prevention, foster care,and adoption programs to improve the mental health and physical well-being of children who are at risk of entering or are in the State’s child welfare system.
Organization Location: Lubbock, Texas
Name: Helen Powell
Address: 2706 82nd St.
Lubbock, TX 79423