Availability: Mar. 22, 2021 - Apr. 30, 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: Participate in the classroom as a teacher meeting and exceeding appropriate state and national standards for the subject and grade level. Responsible for coaching assigned sport in accordance with Brentwood’s mission and core beliefs.
- Classroom Instruction
- Develop and implement informative and engaging lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the school’s curriculum program and reflect differentiation in student learning styles and abilities
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials and technology to engage students and increase understanding of the subject matter
- Integrate Biblical Christian perspective into curriculum and instruction while continuously serving as an example and positive role model for students
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for spiritual, physical and social development of students
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress including formative and summative data. Work with parents to improve student progress and address disciplinary issues.
- Work cooperatively with vertical team teachers to determine instructional goals, objectives and methods for student achievement.
- Oversee all aspects of assigned sport including scheduling and attending all practices and competitions
- Maintain all equipment relative to program and appropriate inventory of apparel
- Coordinate and manage summer sport camps and activities
- Be knowledgeable of and consistently enforce School and TAPPS rules and policies
- Support multi-sport participation for student athletes
- Promote balanced achievement in all areas of school life for student athletes
- Drive students as needed to and from athletic events using school vehicles
- Support and promote the mission and core beliefs of BCS
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in education or related field
- Must have a valid teacher certification or ability to obtain
- Prefer 1-3 years of experience teaching in a classroom
- Must have 3+ years coaching at the high school or college level
- Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation
- Must be 25 years of age with a valid commercial driver license (or ability to obtain) and an acceptable driving record
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and various educational software programs
- Excellent planning, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to demonstrate physical aspects of sport.
- Must be able to lift over head
Organization: Brentwood Christian School
Organization Location: Austin, Texas
About the Organization: Founded as a kindergarten and first grade in 1963, the school has grown to one of the largest private schools in Austin, offering a complete pre-K through 12th grade educational experience. Brentwood Christian is a family-friendly school, focused on readying its students for advanced education and successful, Christian lives of leadership and service. The school is, and has been for more than 50 years, a place where Austin-area families can turn for a quality education that includes and prioritizes the instilling of traditional Christian values and the fostering of a love for God in its students.
Who to contact
Name: Tori Penland
Address: 11908 N Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78753