Recent Praise Choir CD Releases
Psalms, Hymns, & Spiritual Songs, Volume 5 was released in June 2015.
To order this and other recordings with a credit card, call 1-800-933-7601 ext. 7527, or see LCU ChapStore Onilne
See below for more details about these recordings.
The latest recording, Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs Volume 5 features the 2014-15 Praise Choir and Chamber Singers on many great choral selections, including two original settings by Byron Rogers and the popular hymn setting, "Angel Band" arranged by Shawn Kirchner
Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs Volumes 1-3 represent a culmination of fifteen years of recordings for the Praise Choir and Chamber Singers, from 1998-2012. Psalms, Volume 1 includes twenty-seven classical settings of Psalms and various other sacred texts, sung in English, Latin, Russian, French, and other languages. Hymns, Volume 2 includes twenty-five recordings of hymn arrangements, from well-known hymns to the re-discovered classic hymns of the past. Spiritual Songs. Volume 3 includes twenty-five rousing settings of well known spirituals by composers such as Moses Hogan, Pepper Choplin, Ken Berg, and many others. Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs, Volume 4, features a cappella choral settings from the 2013-14 touring season.
All proceeds from these recordings will directly benefit students planning to participate in the LCU Choir tours and programs. For more information, contact Dr. Camp at philip.camp@LCU.edu
Psalms, Hymns, & Spiritual Songs Vol 4
- Alleluia, Ralph Manuel
- Open Thou Mine Eyes, John Rutter
- Sing Unto God, Paul Fetler
- Exsultate Justi, Lodovico Viadana (c. 1560-1627)
- Psalm 96, (Chantéz a Dieu), J. P. Sweelinck (1562-1621)
- Hosanna, René Clausen.
- Otche Nash, Alexander Gretchaninoff, 1902, No. 11 from Liturgy of St. John Chysostom, Op. 29.
- Sláva Ottsú… Yedinoródnïy Siñe----Alexander Gretchaninoff, 1902, No. 2 from Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom, Op. 29,
- Non Nobis Domine, Rosephanye Powell.
- Behold, the Bridegroom Comes, from The Seven Days of Passion, Opus 58, No. 1, Alexandre Gretchaninoff (1864-1956), 1911.
- Lux Arumque, Poem by Edward Esch, Latin Translation by Charles Anthony Silvestri, Music by Eric Whitacre.
- Slava v Vishnich Bogu, from The Six Psalms, from the All-Night Vigil, Opus 37 (1915) by SergeiRachmaninoff.
- Gloria, from Mass in G Minor, by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- All That Hath Life and Breath, Praise Ye the Lord. Text adapted from Psalm 96 and 22. Composed by René Clausen.
- David’s Lamentation. Composed by Joshua Shank, based on a tune by William Billings.
- Let all the Nations Praise the Lord. Composed by Vlockmar Leisring as “O Filii et Filiae.”
- O Nata Lux, Morten Lauridsen.
- Sing Joyfully. William Byrd.
- Prayer for Ukraine. Composer unknown, Arranged by Byron Rogers.
- Priidite Proklonimsia (Come, Let us Worship), No. 1 from All-Night Vigil, Opus 37, 1915. Sergei Rachamaninoff.
- Seek the Lord, René Clausen.
- Adoramus te, Christe, Eric William Barnum.
- Spaséñiye sodélal, Pavel Chesnokov (1877-1944).
- Sing to the Lord a New Song, Joel Navarro.
- Prayer, René Clausen.
- Ubi Caritas, Gabriele Duruflé.
- The Lord Bless You and Keep You. Peter Lutkin.
- In Christ Alone, Arr. Byron Rogers.
- The Old Rugged Cross, George Bennard, Arranged by Byron Rogers.
- Be Still My Soul, Text by Katharina A. von Schlegel (1697-1768), translated by Jane L. Borthwick (1813-1897), alt. Tune: Finlandia by Jean Sibelius (1865-1957). Arranged by Stephen Main.
- How Deep the Father’s Love, Stuart Townend, Arranged by Ken Young.
- McKay, from An American Thanksgiving (Three Hymns from the Sacred Harp), S.M. Denton, 1908, Arranged by Carol Barnett.
- Webster, from An American Thanksgiving (Three Hymns from the Sacred Harp), Southern Harmony,1835, Arranged by Carol Barnett.
- Amazing Grace, Words by John Newton, American Traditional Melody, Arranged by Robert Page.
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross, Words: Isaac Watts; Music: Gregorian Chant, arr. Lowell Mason. This arrangement by Michael Scarbrough.
- I’m Going Home, Words from the Sacred Harp, 1844. Music by Leonard P. Breedlove, Arranged by Pepper Choplin.
- Assurance, Lyrics by Fanny J. Crosby, Music by Phoebe K. Knapp, Arranged by Ken Berg.
- His Grace Reaches Me, Words and Music by White Gleason.
- All Creatures of our God and King, Words: Francis of Assisi (w. 1226), tr. William Hentry Draper (w. 1931). Music: Kirchengesangbuch, Köln (w. 1623),arr. Ralph Vaughan Williams (w. 1906).
- Greatest Commands. Words: Traditional, Based on 1 John 4:8, 1 Corinthians 13; Luke 10:27. Music: Traditional.
- Down to the Water to Pray. Traditional, Arranged by Pepper Choplin.
- We Will Glorify, Words and Music by Twila Paris. Arr. Don Hart.
- A Mighty Fortress is our God, Martin Luther, Arranged by Bob Kauflin and John E. Coates.
- Shall We Gather at the River, Words and Music by Robert Lowry, arranged by Jack Boyd.
- It is Well With My Soul, Horatio Spafford, Phillip Bliss, Arr. Michael Scarbrough.
- Christ the Lord is Risn’ Today, Charles Wesley, Arr. Mark Hayes.
- The Gift to Be Simple, Traditional Shaker Tune, arr. Bob Chilcott.
- Before the Throne of God Above, Charite Less Bancroft, Vikki Cook, arr. Bob Kauflin.
- O Sacred Head, Hans Leo Hassler (1601), harmonized by J. S. Bach (1729).
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing, Arr. John Carter.
- My Jesus, I Love Thee, Featherston/Gordon, 1876. Arranged by MichaelScarbrough.
- Faithful Love, Ken Young.
- I’m Gonna Sing ‘Til the Spirit Moves in My Heart, Moses Hogan.
- Casting our Crowns Down, Larry Shackley.
- Lord, Have Mercy, Pepper Choplin.
- Soon I Will Be Done. American Spiritual arranged by Christopher Jarvis.
- Signs of the Judgment (Judg ment Day), American Spiritual, arranged by Mark Butler.
- Good News, African-American Spiritual, Arranged by Ken Berg.
- Nothin’ Gonna Stumble My Feet, Words by John Parker (ASCAP), Music by Greg Gilpin (ASCAP).
- We are Not Alone, Words and Music by Pepper Choplin (ASCAP).
- Elijah Rock. Traditional Spiritual Arranged by Jester Hairston.
- Job, Job. Traditional Afro-American Chant, Arranged with additional words and music by Stephen Hatfield.
- The Battle of Jericho. Traditional Spiritual, Arranged by Moses Hogan.
- Go Down ‘n the Valley and Pray! André J. Thomas.
- My God is a Rock, Traditional Spiritual Arranged by Gary Walth.
- Fill-a-Me Up, Words and Music by Pepper Choplin.
- Hark, I Hear the Harps Eternal, Arranged by Alice Parker.
- I Hear a Voice A-Prayin’, Houston Bright.
- Were You There? Traditional Spiritual, Arranged by Mia Makaroff.
- Go Down, Moses, Adolphus Hailstork.
- I Want Jesus to Walk With Me, American Spiritual, Arr. Ken Berg.
- Witness, Arranged by Jack Holloran.
- Let Me Fly, Arranged by Robert DeCormier.
- Didn’t My Lord Deliver Daniel? Traditional Spiritual, Arr. Moses Hogan.
- My Soul’s Been Anchored in the Lord, Traditional Spiritual, Arr. Moses Hogan.
- I Can Tell the World, Moses Hogan.
- Go and Tell John, Lloyd Pfautsch.