Bachelor of Social Work - BSW
- The Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) will prepare you for generalist social work practice. Our program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, so you will be able to test for Texas state licensure upon your graduation.
View Degree Requirements for Department of Social Work and Criminal Justice
Need Options? - Weekend BSW Format
- The social work weekend format is designed for nontraditional students who are working or for students living outside of the immediate Lubbock ara who would like to commute to complete their social work degree. Student who have all the required pre-requisite courses can complete their BSW in nineteen months. If students need to complete prerequisites for entry to the program, a social work advisor will meet with the prospective student throughout the year to help them select appropriate prerequisite courses.
- Weekend classes meet on Friday evenings from 7pm -10 pm and Saturdays from 8am - 4pm every other weekend for an 8 week timeframe. Students will also take an online course during the 8 week timeframe they are taking a course face-to-face. After 8 weeks, weekend students take another 2 courses to equal 12 hours per semester which is full-time status.
Master's of Science in Social Work - LCU/UTA Cooperative Program - MSSW
- The MSSW (Master's of Science in Social Work) is one the most versatile graduate degrees in the arena of human services. MSSW graduates go on to be clinical practitioners, consultants, educators, program administrators, and researchers (www.uta.edu/ssw).
- LCU is now offering a collaborative MSSW degree with the University of Texas at Arlington (UTA). Student takes courses on the LCU campus and will be taught by a combination of LCU and UTA professors. This program is part-time and designed for students that have completed a BSW and are working full-time.