Functional Title: General Laborer
Classification: Non-Exempt Hourly
Reports To: Director of Facilities
Primary Function: Performs general repairs and maintains campus facilities.
- Provide assistance to team members as needed.
- Provide assistance on projects as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and facilities
- Handle basic repairs and maintenance on equipment and facilities
- Diagnose mechanical issues and correct them
- Complete all assigned tasks and work orders in a timely and efficient manner
- Order materials and supplies as needed for the completion of work orders
- Clean parking lots including filling potholes and black top and levelling of sidewalks/walkways
- Perform minor cleaning and repair of equipment and campus facilities
- Operates various equipment such as forklift, tractor, weed eater, chain saw, hacksaw, drill press, and digger, etc.
- Assist in mixing cement for repair and construction of sidewalks
- Responds to emergencies during evening, nighttime, and weekend hours
- Any other duties as assigned by Facilities Director
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to help students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner
- Strong ability to multitask and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is essential
- Ability to operate hand tools and power equipment
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Must have a current and valid Texas Driver’s License and have the ability to drive.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from high school or equivalent. Previous experience in facilities maintenance preferred.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Must be ambulatory around campus and in buildings
- Required to regularly sit and stand
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information
- Ability to work outdoors and in inclement weather
- Ability to crouch, kneel, bend, or stand for long periods
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 50+lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required. LCU reserves the right to revise or change job duties, required skills or qualifications as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.