Are you looking for a Youth Ministry or Children’s Ministry Student Intern? Please post your information by going to the provided link. Our students continually check these listings and will reach out with interest. Note, our 2021 Intern Job Fair has passed and many of our students have jobs. We will have new students looking for opportunities during the Spring 2022 semester. We will do our best to match you with one of our students.
Our philosophy of Internships is simple. We want our students paired with those who will mentor, model and provide opportunity for growth and challenge. Therefore, we hold our students to the highest of standards of character and work ethic. We request our partnering church, para church and service organizations to embrace the same level of expectation. We stand ready to work with you before, during and after the placement of student interns.
Find out more info from each Youth Minister about the internship position.
May 22 - Aug 3, 2022
In short, the primary role the primary role of an Intern is to spend the summer developing connections with students. This is accomplished through participation, and leading various events during the summer. The Refuge Student Ministry spends just about every other week of the summer either out of town on a trip, or running a full week-long activity for students. “Normal Weeks” are weeks that we are not doing one of those things. On these weeks generally have at least three gathering times. These have taken different shapes depending on who our interns have been, and what they are interested in. For example, we meet on Sunday morning for class, Tuesday for a service project, Wednesday night for a night of worship.
May 29 - Aug 7, 2022
We have about 10-12 students who are regular attenders in our youth ministry from grades 5th through 12th grade. The majority of our youth group are 8th-10th graders currently. Our congregation is a small (about 70-85 members), rural church with lots of sweet and loving members. We do not have a youth minister, so the youth ministry is run primarily by parents and the preacher, Drew (me). We believe interns are a critical resource to bless our teens in the summer time. Intern start and end dates are flexible, but are usually around May 29 to Aug 7. I try to hire a guy and girl intern.
What I Am Looking For In An Intern
1. Does the intern have a personal relationship with God that is evident in how they live? 2. Do they connect well with the kids? Do they show genuine interest in the kids’ life/faith? 3. Are they responsible? When I ask them to take care of a task does it get done well and
4. Are they self-starters? If they see that there is something they could help with, do they do it
without being told or asked? Do they show initiative?
5. I really don’t care too much about how well-versed an intern is in Bible knowledge or how
good they are at teaching a class or planning activities. Those are all nice bonuses. I mostly care about how interested they are in engaging with all of the students (the fun ones and the annoying ones).
1. Making sure all the planning has been done for the next class or small group setting: the game, the activity, the lesson, etc.
2. Making sure all the planning has been done for the next bigger activity. For example, coordinating what parents are driving for the trip to Six Flags and making sure all the students have waivers.
3. What are you passionate about? I think it is important for interns to express to me what they enjoy the most and what they do best and try to help them get experience in that particular area. So if you hope to serve as a worship leader in the future, we will make sure that is a part of this internship.
4. Most importantly - I want interns to be hanging out with students. None of the group activities or lessons will ever substitute personal interaction with kids.
Fort Collins, Colorado
May 22 - Aug 13, 2022
Meadowlark Church is located in Fort Collins, CO, one of the fastest growing and most desirable cities in the United States. Fort Collins is one hour north of Denver up Interstate 25 and about 45 minutes south of the Wyoming border. It is the county seat of Larimer County and is also the home of Colorado State University. At an elevation of just over 5,000 feet, with the Poudre River cutting straight through town, it is a popular summer jump point for every kind of outdoor activity including camping, mountain biking, whitewater rafting or river tubing, mountain climbing and bouldering, hiking, water skiing and boating, and many more.
The Meadowlark Church seeks to be a servant to God and to our community, and we desire to be known by our love for one another. Meadowlark has several ministries meant to serve the needs of our families and our community such as the Homeless Ministry, Children’s Ministry (Meadowkids), Youth Ministry (MYM), College Ministry (Rams for Christ), Fellowship Ministry, Prime Timers Ministry, Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPs) Life Groups, and many many more. More information about our ministries and mission may be found at MeadowlarkChurch.Org
We are seeking two interns, (one male and one female) to help serve our 6th-12th graders and their families for 11-12 weeks this summer. You would be an integral support to our youth ministry team under the direction and guidance of the interim Youth Minister, Brad Morrow, who is also the full-time College Minister at Meadowlark.
These two internship positions are open to college students age 19 and older of any major whose primary mission in life is to be a selfless servant of Christ guided daily by His Spirit.
You will be paid $300/week for 11 weeks. ($3,300 total)
Please follow this link for full the full packet detailing the Responsibilities, Requirements, Compensation, and Application information.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fy8Ffy3a7CNETW6bb9et7SG1YmmjyZoP/view?usp=sharing