Lubbock Christian University

The university is approved for veterans programs except the Hazelwood Act. Depending on the program and eligibility, veterans may be paid a monthly allowance, tuition and fees, a housing stipend and/or book stipends from the Veterans Administration while attending college. Children of military members who died while on active duty may also be eligible for benefits. Applications for benefits should be completed and submitted on the VA website at Veteran admission files must be complete and academic plans approved before the certification officer certifies enrollment for benefits. Complete veteran admission files must contain complete admissions documentation, an official military educational transcript, a copy of the DD Form 214, and a copy of the VA certificate of eligibility. Only classes meeting degree requirements are eligible for certification of benefits. Changes in major, class schedule and substitutions must be reported to the VA within a limited time frame, so each change must be discussed with the certification officer at the time of the change. Contact the certification official at or 806.720.7252.

Academic Standards for Students Receiving VA Educational Benefits

Satisfactory Progress

  • Students must be in good academic standing to be considered making satisfactory progress.

Probation and Unsatisfactory Progress

  • Students who fail to maintain good academic standing are placed on probation for one semester. If students achieve a semester GPA of at least 2.00 during the probationary period, but have not achieved good academic standing, they may be continued on probation for one more semester. Students on probation and failing to achieve at least a 2.00 GPA at the end of the first probationary period and good academic standing by the end of the second probationary period are reported to the Veterans Affairs Regional Office as making unsatisfactory progress.