Functional Title: Campus Mentor
Classification: Hourly Position – Non-Exempt
Department: Center for Student Success
Reports To: Director of the Center for Student Success
Primary Function: Retention of undergraduate students who enroll at Lubbock Christian University
- Take primary mentoring responsibility for the inclusive educational experience to include academic and social settings of assigned students.
- Work closely with students with special academic or other needs.
- Meet with assigned students frequently to develop proper study habits, time management methods and other skills that foster student success.
- Regularly document the student’s progress toward identified goals and ensure notes are maintained in the student’s personal file.
- Support the student to develop a positive relationship with professors and peers.
- Coordinate with faculty to better advise and support students.
- Assist students with the registration process each semester to ensure students are progressing towards their degree.
- Conduct in class presentations on time management, learning strategies and other related topics as well as helping facilitate freshmen orientation activities as requested by Student Affairs.
- Make recommendations for one-on-one or group tutoring, study groups, and additional faculty instruction or other academic support resources on campus.
- Refer students to the Counseling Center, Medical Clinic, Registrar’s Office, Financial Assistance Office, and other campus resources as needed.
- Encourage students to participate in social organizations, student professional organizations as well as opportunities to be involved in the community (local church or volunteer opportunities).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to show good judgement and be able to make independent decisions as needed.
- Exhibit strong communication skills.
- Exhibit an excellent work ethic.
- Be self-motivated and be a team member, who looks for ways to continuously improve the effectiveness of the Center for Student Success.
- Show versatility and apply a growth mindset approach to learning.
- Ability to help students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner.
- Work closely with other team members to provide an excellent customer service environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is essential.
The Campus Mentors reports to the Center for Student Success Director, and must:
- Maintain conduct consistent with Christian values and the values of the university.
- Work with other university personnel to ensure all students have access.
- Work closely faculty to ensure students are on a path to academic success.
- Work closely with CSS team members to provide excellent resources for students.
Education and Experience:
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Have a record of successful administrative and/or appropriate student service experience.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Be ambulatory around campus and in buildings.
- Required to regularly sit and stand.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail, and picking up small objects.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 25+lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required. LCU reserves the right to revise or change job duties, required skills or qualifications as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.